This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can getting someone's IP address be illegal?
03-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Can getting someone's IP address be illegal?
Call me all the names you want, lol but I'm so called "new" to getting IP addresses over xbox live. I'm a girl ( and please don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to be sexy or anything I just want to have fun with my friends.) and I'm used to getting hit on by littlekids, and shamefully adults as well. To sum it up, I have a program that gets their ip and their location bla bla bla. And sometimes if I'm lucky a Facebook page pops up or something so I get their name too, but that doesn't matter. I would just say their name so they freak out, and then they leave. I'm not threatening them, or anything close to it. I don't say their address in a public lobby, only in a party. I just like their reactions and I don't really mean to harm anyone. I'm taking threats from people like " that's illegal I'm calling the police" lmao but I just want to make sure, is it illegal to take ip's? There's websites for it, so why not? If it's not illegal, what can I say to ensure them of it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 02:30 PM

we are not stupid
but if you really need help don't say anything to them use proxy and have more fun

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply