This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm scared to work in groups at school??
03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm scared to work in groups at school??
Ok well I am a freshman on HS and I've always had trouble working in group projects in class. I am really shy and awkward and always end up in a group full of jerks that don't do any work. In my English class, none of my friends are in it and all the kids are really mean and popular (mostly the girls) plus my elementary school bully AND my middle school bully are both in that class. When the teacher tells us to get with a partner, I'm humiliated because everyone is all getting with there friend and I have nobody. Then the teacher gets mad at me and everyone laughs . When the teacher assigns me to a group with a bunch of mean people, they usually end up talking about smoking, drugs, and cuss ALOT the entire time while I am just sitting there awkwardly. Then the teacher yells at all of us for not discussing the work. It's been this way for so long and I can't stand it anymore. Tomorrow in class I have to get with a group and work on an essay with them. I'm panicking right now. Help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 03:29 PM

you need to change, make yourself move! go towards a group you want to be a part of. ok your shy but in life you'll have to stop being that little shy person. leave those jerks like you say alone and go with the one's you think you'd like to talk to. yeah, it may not be that easy but if it's what you really want, you need to push yourself! it could be hard at first but if your confident, it won't be a problem! Wink

Ads

03-03-2014, 03:41 PM

You can't just expect them to be all appropriate. Cussing is kind of normal in middle and high school cause that happens more often in public schools. Maybe it's time for you to be more confident and make some friends in your class. Just act confident it's not like you have to perform in a concert in front of those fans. Act like you are cool. You will blend in right away. Acting confident = no awkward moments. Shy= awkward Don't listen to those haters they are just jealous of what you had and just too lazy to earn it for themselves I learn that from a Facebook friend.