This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I "break up" with my "best friend"?
03-04-2014, 01:45 AM
How do I "break up" with my "best friend"?
Ok I honestly feel like a HORRIBLE person writing this... So my "best friend" is pretty much like a clingy annoying girlfriend that I'm too "nice" to get rid of. She honestly annoys the s*** out of me. She calls me and/or Facetimes me at least like 10 times a day to talk about pretty much nothing and if I don't answer she constantly texts me and Facebook messages me asking if I'm mad. The thing is I have no reason to "break up" with her. If she was my boyfriend I could say that I don't feel the same way or whatever but she's my FRIEND. We are both 17 by the way.

And she's actually a very loyal friend and I know those are hard to find. I think that the reason that we started being friends in the first place is because I was going through a really hard time and needed a friend and she "snatched" me right up. When I told her that my dad is abusive she offered to let me move in with her. She was always there for me when I needed a non judging friend to listen. of course, I was there for her too.

It's just that she annoys me so much! She's constantly falling for boys thinking that they have feelings for her when they're just being nice and then gets heartbroken after she tells them she likes them and they don't like her back. I always comfort her and say that they're missing out and s**** like that but I know I'm lying. Hearing about them all the time gets so annoying and I know I'm mean for saying that because it hurts her but it just gets old. She's also pretty fake with other people and talks bad about them a lot to me but I know that she never talks about me. She's in a lot of remedial classes while I'm in a lot of advanced ones. She can be a embarrassing to be associated with because she's loud and says some stupid things in front of people. She also acts like she's popular, boys are after her, she's smart, when it's not at all true, People honestly look at her as annoying and to put it nicely below average. She gets into herself quickly, like for example, she's starting a bullying club and thinks that she's gonna save the world, get a scholarship, and become famous, and I know her head is in the clouds but I'm too scared to hurt her to say anything but I'm so tired of hearing the same old things over and over.

What do I do? Sad

Sorry for the long description.
OH YEAH

we got in a fight over some s*** and I said maybe we shouldn't be so close anymore and she said this...

I don't want to loss you as my friend and I don't want to not be as close anymore I still want to be super close your the only one I can literally trust and talk to
I'm sorry for everything that I have ever done please don't give up are friendship over this stupid fight I'm like crying my eyes out right now because I just lost the best friend and sister that I ever had
I tried to avoid her it doesn't work because she CONFRONTS me in person and guilt trips me so I feel bad so I make up a lie as an excuse.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 01:46 AM

Tell her how you feel about her constantly texting you, messaging you, and calling you

Ads

03-04-2014, 01:57 AM

To be honest I would just stop replying for a while. Then when you do just say you&#x27;ve been busy. Maybe she will get the hint
03-04-2014, 02:02 AM

Just tell her you don't like texting or face booking because you really don't like typing and it takes too much time. Tell her you are okay with phone calls but only sometimes. Also start distancing yourself more. Don't respond to texts as much and avoid hanging out. Tell her you are very busy with stuff at the moment. Distance and time are the best way to get away from someone without offending them too much so you can still be on good terms.
03-04-2014, 02:09 AM

Break it to her nicely
03-04-2014, 02:15 AM

well it is true loyal friends are hard to find, i am loyal to my best friend because he's stayed with me and put up with my sh!t, but at the same time i feel like i am bothering him.
anyways you could always confront her about it.
i consider myself to be good at analysing a person's behaviour in a crowd, alone, and with certain people. the only reason she acts like that is to get your attention and because you let it happen. you kinda reward her behaviour by offering your sympathy to her broken heart. Heck i wish i had my close friends call me out on the sh!t i do, but i fear that they are too worried of how i will respond.

i think your best friend suffers from "erotomania" and a little narcissism. erotomania is where a person thinks people are sending him/her messages that the person likes him/her from simple things. i kinda have it too but i fantasize about rejecting people that "fall in love with me", except i keep in touch with reality and i know i'm not as handsome as others but some girls still seem to be attracted to me (i've had a couple girls tell me they do). narcissism because she thinks she can do all that (the bullying club and such) and again that she is a "catch" and "talks sh!t" about others. you can't really get rid of her if she's clingy, an option would be going to a different college but she'd want to know where and go with you.

again you can confront her: tell her to stop messaging you as much and such and she will stop. but it will be awkward for you two after you have.

i kinda have a similar question but with me it's kinda the opposite: i'm a little clingy but i want to leave him for a while because of the way i behave. mind answering? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...952AATGC3Z

Alanna: she doesn't want to do that because she's worried about how it will hurt her friend.
i think she guilt trips you as a way to keep you. honestly it's like using emotional appeal in something
03-04-2014, 02:17 AM

I totally understand what you're coming from. Just stop replying back to her messages and keep yourself in a distance from her for a while. If she asks what's wrong, tell her how you feel and the truth, she needs to know. Tell her everything you told us here and maybe she'll understand and learn how to give you your space. Also, ask yourself if you want to keep her as a friend or not for sure. If you can't put up with her anymore, than maybe it's time to either get new friends or spend some time apart, but I doubt that she will change.
03-04-2014, 02:27 AM

slowly distance yourself. Take a long time to respond and tell her you really dont have a lot of time, that you are stressed about school or something or you need to focus on that.