This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Understanding my Social Anxiety?
03-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Understanding my Social Anxiety?
I've been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder (S.A.D) for about 6 years. However, i've been having difficulty explaining it so other's can understand it.

Just last week, i posted a couple pictures on my Facebook of my current weight loss. I never thought i would post my belly since i just recently had a baby and i have some baby fat and stretch marks. Yes, part of my Anxiety stems from insecurities, but that was a huge step to getting over it and just accepting that Yes, I, as a human being have flaws.

After i posted those, my husbands aunt came over to visit. We were discussing how we were planning on exercising more and how we lost quite a bit of weight. So instead of congratulating us, she had a snotty remark saying "Yeah, i saw those pictures on your Facebook. You don't have Anxiety!!". You have no idea how much that ticked me off, i almost wanted to tell her to leave.

Both his Mother and Aunt have NEVER understood my Anxiety nor have they even tried. If i get invited to events by their side of the family whom i don't know very well and i decline, they ALWAYS say stuff like "You don't have to feel that way". But, what they don't get is that i don't choose to have anxiety. However, when i'm forced into situations that make me uncomfortable, i get panic attacks. Every single time i say that, they say that i'm hurting so and so's feelings by not going etc.. They have never taken my feelings into consideration.

What do i do?
I feel like them constantly pressuring me is only pushing me away.
I've put myself in SO many situations that made me feel uncomfortable just to make my husband happy, but his family just won't stop.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 01:53 AM

if you looking social media services then get very affordable and cheap services on here.
http://ispindus.com/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply