This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SHY GUYS- He barely starts the convo. Do I have a chance? Should I give him my #?
03-04-2014, 05:30 AM
SHY GUYS- He barely starts the convo. Do I have a chance? Should I give him my #?
I want to get to know this really really shy guy but he doesn't talk a lot and we dont see each other much. He says hi/hey when we pass each other most of the time, smiles, sometimes waves. I direct message him on twitter and tweet to him and he replies like 4 times, acting engaged in the convo and then stops so idk ... I want to text him but... isn't the twitter thing of not always replying to dms kind of a bad sign? should I keep "chasing"? He might actually like me & is acting like this because he is, by nature, reallyyy quiet & shy. He doesn't often start the convo, but maybe he doesn't know what to say or have anything to say. But I really feel like I should have my turn being chased... Right? I haven't talked to him in a couple days/ maybe a week.

When we do have face to face conversations though, I have caught him like 3-4 times full-face blushing and it is the cutest thing ever. For no reason. We'd be talking about a band and he turns soo red. And it's not like he's embarassed in front of anyone because we would be in a room alone most of the time. So I think that is a green light, a good sign. Do you?

I just don't like starting the convo so much......
I feel like I'm being pushy but I'm probably overthinking... right?

SO, SHY GUYS,.........Do I go for him, be direct, & give him my #? Or wait for him to 'catch up' & actually put in more effort?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 05:45 AM

Go up to him and give him your number because after a while he would give up

Ads

03-04-2014, 05:48 AM

Before I asked my girlfriend out I was more shy than a puppy to a baby! I never started conversations but now my girlfriend got my confidence now! Help him build confidence it is really frustrating when you dont have the confidence to start a conversation!

In fact before I use to wait for the girl to start the conbersai! Now I'm the one to start it with my girlfriend! Give him your number! Tell him he can text when he wants and you'll be there! It will build confidence and soon he will be the one asking this question! He may even turn out to be the perfect one for you!

Goodluck and godbless!
03-04-2014, 05:56 AM

IHaveYourPenNow makes a really good point about confidence. I understand that you would like to sit back now and be "chased," but I have to say that might not happen so easily with this guy. If he doesn't feel comfortable with you yet to go up to you suddenly and start talking, then he won't be able to ask you out. What you said about him saying hi, waving to you, and blushing are clear signs that he indeed fancies you, but is just very nervous around you and it will take a bit longer for him to trust you. The way to get to him is actually for you to go ahead and be a little pushy. Whenever your alone with him again, don't ask him if he wants your number, just ask him to borrow his phone and put it in his phone. If he says no, then just tell him to give you his, for any reason. Or wave your phone in his face and tell him to put his number in it. Again don't ask, tell him. Trust me it will work. After that, you can text him at anytime and this way it'll be more private between you two. Also, texting you instead of talking face to face will give him a little more confidence because he will have time to think about what to say and he won't be as nervous. That's why he wasn't really responding on twitter. Since it's public, he doesn't want to seem stupid or get embarrassed by what someone might say about you two talking so much, it isn't a big deal. Being direct with him is important. Give him clear indications that you like him and want him to talk to you more. Through texting, you can probably even tell him that and he will come around when he's a little more comfortable. Good luck...