This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does RINO Mike Huckabee want to outlaw the word "RINO"?
03-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Why does RINO Mike Huckabee want to outlaw the word "RINO"?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wate...-gop-unit/

"RINO: It is a popular acronym among conservatives who ponder political intricacies. “Republican in name only” designates those elected officials or party members whose liberal leanings outshine their conservative values - like favoring big spending or big government, for example.
Hey, is this guy an authentic Republican, or a sneaky RINO? That’s what critics typically want to know. In the age of fractured demographics, divided loyalties and close elections, those critics have a point.
Yet RINO has now become a rallying cry for Republican Party unity - at least according to former presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, who wants his fellow Republicans to stop using the term.
“What’s the Republican Party’s biggest obstacle in this year’s elections? Republicans! With Benghazi, Obamacare, NSA spying, al Qaeda and the still-staggering economy, 2014 should be a record year for the GOP. But they risk disaster if they let the primaries be hijacked by ad campaigns by groups that don’t target Democrats, but fellow Republicans who aren’t ‘pure’ enough,” Mr. Huckabee declared on his Facebook page, and in several other spots.
“And one term that I’d like to see outlawed from the vernacular of the party is RINO. It stands for ‘Republicans in name only’ and it’s a pejorative term that questions the authenticity and orthodoxy of someone’s party purity. I’ve been called that myself, even though I fought in the trenches of Republican politics for over two decades. Even so, I would never pretend that I’m lord over determining who the real Republicans are,” Mr. Huckabee concluded.
Yes, well. Historic records indicate RINO was part of the vernacular as early as the 1920s - with sporadic use in the 1950s, and during the Reagan administration. RINO appeared in print for the first time in the Nashua Telegraph - a New Hampshire newspaper - in 1992.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wate...z2qmjJdlK2
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 11:10 AM

good for him.

Ads

03-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Huckabee is not a RINO, he's a true Republican:

"What I know is troubling enough," Huckabee said of the president. "And one thing that I do know is his HAVING GROWN UP IN KENYA, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American."

Huckabee: OBAMA WILL BE OUSTED OVER BENGHAZI

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...r-benghazi
03-04-2014, 11:39 AM

Um, you can't outlaw a word in the first place. That's ridiculous.

The 1st Amendment wouldn't allow it anyways.
03-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Because he understands that conservatives labeling some republicans RINOs is splitting the party.
03-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Because it is an idiotic word used by intolerant, ignorant right wing fanatics to disparage Republicans. RINO Definition – A RINO is any republican who dares to disagree with you (a tea party member) on any issue.
Isn't it ironic that cons who have no loyalty to the GOP calling Republican politicians RINOs? Think about it.
03-04-2014, 12:07 PM

And you have assigned him the role of Rino?
Who or what are you?
I hope you feel better now, after you dropped that load, by Bull feels better when he lets one like that go.
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM

Lol... you are being served... bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
03-04-2014, 12:34 PM

The fact that the term RINO (Republican In Name Only) by implied definition must mean someone who does not agree with the Republican Party and Platform but still calls themselves a Republican, it Must follow that all those Not towing the Party Line are RINOs.
Since that fact must be acknowledged, then we also must acknowledge the fact that the term RINO is almost Always misapplied.
The Republican Party Platform and the Party hierarchy are therefore Not RINOs and they also are Not True Conservatives as evidenced by their actions.
The Republican Party is divided. Conservatives are more like the Republican Party of old that believes in Liberty for All responsible citizens, Rights, the Constitution, self-reliance, small Government and all those great principles stated in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
The Party Hierarchy seems to reject some of those principles in favor of preferential treatment of Big Business and Big Banks just like the current Obama Administration does since they keep subsidizing them. - The biggest difference between the Big Two Parties seems to be mainly the Methods used to gain Power.
So Who really is running America when the politics of economics always favors Banks and Big Corporations?
We Could say the Old Republican Principles are the foundation of the Party and that would shift the definition of RINO to make it possible to call the Party Hierarchy RINOs.
So what view must we accept as being correct? We know from experience that defining such terms is an ambiguous effort. It is like trying to define Liberal and Conservative or left wing and right wing. The use of the terms change over time.
So should we "outlaw" the use of the term? I believe that would be a waste of effort.
And what is Worse is: You'll Never educate the general population well enough to understand Why.
Huckabee's objection must be based on the fact that use of the term is divisive.
03-04-2014, 12:43 PM

"Republicans Are RINOs"

What a moronic statement. I suggest you delete this account and create another one. This name just makes you look stupid.