This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this message I am getting on my Facebook a scam?
03-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Is this message I am getting on my Facebook a scam?
Is this message a scam?
I am getting this prompt on my facebook chat: "Warning : We received reports from other users that your account has violated a policy that is considered to disturb or offend other users.To verify your account, please click the link listed below:â–º apps.help.center.account.net.tc/System will deactivate your account within 24 hours if you do not do re-confirm your account. If you still want to use Facebook, please confirm your account immediately

Thanks Facebook team.."
I already clicked on it and gave my info, email and email password and it asked me to give this first 6 of my debit card(I did), but I clicked off the last page when it wanted me to enter all my debit/credit card information of the card for Facebook credits. I started wondering about it then. Hope that doesn't hurt me??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 11:59 AM

Scam

Ads

03-04-2014, 12:02 PM

yep total scam. Is it coming from an official facebook thing (click the name) the link should go to http://www.facebook.com/something not what you posted.
03-04-2014, 12:06 PM

Yeah, don't do it. They wouldn't issue an ultimatum like "If you still want to use Facebook..."
I've gotten that message before as well. Didn't do anything. Nothing happened.
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM

look at the link

apps.help.center.account.net.tc

that means the main domain is

net.tc

obviously that doesnt say "facebook.com"

so it's a scam
03-04-2014, 12:28 PM

Its some sort of scam. Think about it. If you violated the terms of service, they would simply deactivate or cancel your account. Plus if there was a real issue they wouldn't use something as informal as 'chat' to inform you.

The biggest clue is it doesn't make sense. If you actually did offend someone, what does that have to do with re-confirming your account? Reconfirm what?

I wouldn't touch that link if someone paid me.
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM

it is a Phishing scam Never click this type of link.There are a lot of BS scams going around FB and have been for some time. Many are Phishing scams and I believe most are designed for someone to make money by clicking the links.

If there is a legitimate problem, I believe you would either get an email from FB or see something when you go into your account.

These scams rely on appealing to you to post it on your wall so your friends post it as well. The way to stop these morons is to check it out before posting.

I have used this site a few times to check on FB stuff. Check it out regularly to find out about this type of thing. http://www.hoax-slayer.com/facebook-viol...hing.shtml

This is a site that deserves to be posted on FB

FB wouldn't ask for your credit card info like this and besides CC verification is almost always the last four digits.
03-04-2014, 12:42 PM

It's a scam.

Be sure to change your password immediately. The info. on your account could be at risk.