This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've been with my boyfriend for a year...but i'm falling for another guy, what should I do?
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I've been with my boyfriend for a year...but i'm falling for another guy, what should I do?
I am a 21 year old white female and my boyfriend is a 31 year old hispanic male. We've been in a long distance relationship for a year and 3 months. The good things about him are that he tells me he loves me every day, hasn't cheated on me, quit smoking for me, and does thoughtful things like buy me flowers or save coins for my laundry. He's hinted quite a few times that he desires to marry me, and i'm supposed to move in with him in December when I graduate.
But there are some bad things too....he waited a year into our relationship to tell me he had an 8 year old son back "home" in Mexico, gets jealous when I hang out with male friends or at my work at a bodybuilder's type gym, comments on pics on "big booty" type facebook pages, and is kind of boring...he won't go dance with me or do adventerous things, he just likes the movies and resting at home. Also, my best friends don't like him and neither does my father or cousins.
I love him more than anyone in the world, but I don't think we are right for eachother due to big differences in personality/hobbies. There's another guy who asked me out who works as a restaurant manager at a place i've been going to for over 10 years. He's 26 and also hispanic, but he is actually legal and also rents out houses on the side. We went out dancing Saturday night and had a ton of fun, then we went out again last night and talked for hours. He's more like me in that he likes to do adventerous things, and I am also very attracted to him. Things would be easier since he is legal, and not illegal like my boyfriend.

What should I do? I'm thinking about going to see a relationship counselor at school I am so torn up over it...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM

To be honest, it sounds like you and your boyfriend are at different stages in your life. At 21, are you ready to settle down, get married and take care of a child? Even though he clearly loves you, the two of you wont have a good relationship if you arent on the same page about most things.

Ads

10-15-2012, 07:52 PM

Your boyfriend doesn't seem like a very trustworthy guy. I mean how to you wait all that time to tell someone that you have a son? Also there is a big age difference between you guys so that is probably the reason for him not being interested in the same things as you. I think you're young and you should have fun instead of settling for some 31 year old who is illegal and has a son already. I mean do you want to put yourself in the middle of all that? Once you marry him what else are you going to find out about him? Have fun and don't rush into anything that you might regret later!