This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you feel when a facebook friend deletes you?
03-04-2014, 03:23 PM
How do you feel when a facebook friend deletes you?
I've noticed that some of my facebook "friends" have deleted me. They were just acquaintances (people that I've had a class with, people that I've only talked to once, people I see around all the time but never talk to, very old friends/classmates). I could understand why they would delete me, some of them I haven't talked to in years. But having those people delete you kind of leaves that empty feeling inside. I feel like those acquaintances/old friends could of potentially advanced into more but never got a chance to. I've lost the only contact that I have with them. It kind of gets depressing since I'm about to graduate high school and now I won't be able to have that connection with old classmates/acquaintances.

So anyways, I'm just wondering how you feel about this. Is not talking to someone for a very long time a good enough reason to delete? Should you delete those people or should you leave them a chance for them to possibly connect with you in the future? How do you deal with this and do you delete people like that yourself?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Annoyed. I would compare this situation to when I go and buy a new cell phone. Unless you have T-Mobile, you more than likely have to save all of your contacts one at a time. When browsing through the old phone, I find that adding the "less common" friends in some instances seems kind of useless. In other, rare cases, adding that friend or two that "you know you'll want to say hi to some time down the road, but not right now" might not be a bad idea. Since I've lived in about ten different states and have moved from city to city, I know what it's like to not be able to touch base with some old friends. Some facebook users are just dense. They think deleting someone from their friends list will hurt their feelings or do it to "get even" with someone. My sister deleted me simply because she deleted everyone. Stalker ex boyfriend was her excuse. My father, mother, other family members and friends were all "victims" of my sisters' actions, though it wasn't done with any intent to cause distress. There are many reasons people delete people from social networks like Facebook. The most common, immaturity, shouldn't be taken to heart. Do what they did in the old days: make a phone call; write a letter; visit that friend. Don't depend on the internet or a series of web sites to be your digital planner and contact list.

Ads

03-04-2014, 03:43 PM

at first i'm like this Sad then i'm like this -_- then i'm like this (*.*)
03-04-2014, 03:57 PM

well i had not deleted a person till now
but i will surely del if someone constantly irritates me
03-04-2014, 04:12 PM

I've deleted a couple of people that had sent me a "friend" request.

I read their posts and realized that these "friends" were not people I would like to have in my life. They posted embarrassing, highly political and immature posts that were many times filled with profanities.

Yeah, I am glad I don't have to read their annoying rants.
03-04-2014, 04:24 PM

I honestly feel the same way as you. I just asked a question similar to yours. I feel like i can never be good enough for some people. It as if they consider themselves too good for me to even see pictures of them that is technically available to everyone else except for me. I feel left out and extremely lonely. It is sad but what can I do. Why would i even want to talk to someone who thinks that they are better than me on facebook!!! Its the internet, not real life but yet they think that if i have not spoken to them in real life in so many minutes, days, or weeks that I am not worthy to even know them through the internet. It is sad but thats how people are. They will judge you and if you do not fit into their specific standards, you are not wanted at all in their life. You are only given a limited # of chances. This is why people come and go out of your life. The people who stay are there for a reason. Its a sign to meet NEW people who hopefully have good intentions. All facebook is a site to spy on people. With that in mind, what's the point? There really is none. Remember the days when you had to call people to connect? I know that sounds tacky but i guess calling people is the best way to contact people who are not in the same room as you. I have thought that i will delete facebook but I have not built up the courage to do so. I guess Facebook is a breeding zone for the lonely or superficial. Just remember that if you have a facebook when you are lonely, it will only make these feelings stronger when people delete you but if you are superficial, nothing changes. I wish i could be superficial but im not that self-righteous of a person who feels the need to delete people for NO reason at all. (not messaging/speaking for a while is not an excuse because what are the time limits? huh? a day? A week? A month? A year? This rule is nothing. People pick and choose who they want to share info with.) that's all it is.