This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to deal with a persistent facebook user messaging you frequently?
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
how to deal with a persistent facebook user messaging you frequently?
This is a problem I am running into lately. I'm using facebook to market my business, and so, I add people whom I see, have interests in common with my business. I am a married woman in her early 20s.

This guy that I added a long time ago along with other people has suddenly began to comment on my every post, and has begun to message me quite frequently. He tries to come off like someone who thinks just like me and hones in on common interests we just happen to share. I ignored one of the messages, but it didn't deter him. The messages are not obscene; it's just that in them, he asks questions to artificially prolong the conversation--questions which he could easily get answered by a simple google search. So his questions are just excuses to get my opinion and continue receiving my feedback, which I feel I don't need to give.

I don't want to "cry wolf", but this is really annoying me. It's nothing serious enough that would warrant me reporting him. It's like history repeating, since a similar thing happened to me with another user.

How would you deal with this? I don't want to be "uncool" and cry wolf, but I am annoyed by the unwanted attention. I am not interested in personal attention. Like any business owner, I just want leads for my business, no offense.

How would you deal with this problem?
THANKS EVERYONE! great advice! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM

just delete him from your list and block him he will never be able to send you message

Ads

i would first hide his comments on my fb wall. if it continues, i'll just block this user from my page totally this way he won't be able to see any of my posts or even find me on fb again.

Well, obviously as you can see, you are going to run into this problem with Facebook. Facebook was created with the everyday-user in mind- not the everyday business owner. And so they didn't initally intend for business owners to use it as a marketing tool. If you want to give it a rest. I suggest making a "Page" (which users can "Like") rather than using your personal Facebook page to market your business. You're not "cry wolf[ing]" you're just stuck, and I totally understand it. If he is really bothering you, then tell him straightforward that you are here solely professionally and that he can find many of his answers through Google, as you say. Just act with a professional manner and you will be able to get him off your ass. I would suggest maybe ignoring him and just keeping a separate Facebook page for your private use.

Hope that helped.

Block him and delete him off your facebook. Simple as that. Also you can make another new facebook so you have two and have it unlisted so he can't search you and then use that for the people you know in real life. That's so if he tried to look for you again on another account that he made because you blocked his account.

1. You can remove him as a friend
2. You can also chose to ignore the person. You will ha e to search for how to do it. I know you can just never needed too. I don't get creeped on usually.
3. You can report him and that will stop the abuse.
4. (Probably the best) make a seperate page specificly for your business. If it is seperate make sure everything on there is strickly business related keep everything from your personal life out of it. If you can avoid it leave pictures of yourself off the page as well

Hope that helps.