This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a great idea for Facebook or Google+.How can I pitch it to them without them stealing the idea for free?
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I have a great idea for Facebook or Google+.How can I pitch it to them without them stealing the idea for free?
I have an idea that I would like sell to Facebook or Google+. The Google website has an idea submission form but it stipulates that submission implies that google can use the idea without compensation .....what a stupid thing...i mean who wants to give an idea away for free. Google surely expect people to give ideas away for free and they're losing out on potentially market winning ideas if that's the case. What would be the best way to approach them or Facebook with the idea in order to bring it to market and hopefully gain something for myself out of it for having come up with the idea.
How do I copyright something which would use Google or Facebook technologies?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM

copywrite your idea. If you do not want to spend money on a copywrite there is another way of proof that it is your idea. They call it the "poor mans copywrite". I think it's along the lines of writing your idea down on paper and signing it, then MAILING IT TO YOUR OWN ADDRESS. If you pitch them the idea and you have it copywrited beforehand they cannot use it and you have the right to sue.

Ads

In order to sell your idea, you would have to develop it and write it into a research paper and submit it to a journal or something where you will get paid when someone wants to buy it. An idea is probably not enough. You will need implementations, servers, back-end and scripts. People won't buy your idea if you don't have something to back it up or ways to develop it. Mostly, people won't even bother buying ideas because there is a vast community out there going to give away their ideas for free, because it's going to improve their enjoyment of the services as well. So if you have some serious ideas, write it up, submit it and get a friend to refer it to the companies and see if they want to have a look at it (prevent making yourself look like an advertiser).

email Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg your ideas. If they steal your ideas without paying for them, report them to the internet police.