This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think I'm being cyber-bullied... PLEASE HELP?
03-05-2014, 01:20 AM
I think I'm being cyber-bullied... PLEASE HELP?
I'm a girl.

I have an account on Twitter where I kept my identity as much of a secret as possible. I don't have many followers (if you don't have a twitter account, followers are basically people who can see whatever you post on twitter on their homepage)
The only thing people knew was the country I lived in and my first name.
I was careful enough not to give out information like where exactly I live or which school I go to, or too much about the people I associate with.
I also kept my account a secret from my friends because I wanted to socialize and explore on the internet without being intruded by people in my real life.

Then I made a mistake. I told someone I randomly talked to on twitter stuff that was not true. I wanted to share an experience that I had once but felt the need to keep the names of other people involved in the experience off my account, just in case, so I made up random names and told her about the experience.

More people started asking about it so I shared with more people and then one day a girl anonymously writes to me that she knows me in person and she knows i have been lying because those people that i have named do not exist.

Yes, it's true. The names were made up. But purely for privacy reasons. She has misunderstood me and is now out to expose me as a liar. I've always wanted my identity to be a secret because frankly, I don't trust the internet. But I'm afraid this person (whom i have not identified, but I'm sure knows me in real life as she knows more about me than just my name) will give out information or my facebook account to the people I talk to online.

This person sends me messages anonymously and I have checked on whether I can find out who this person is, but according to the terms and conditions, no identifying information can be given.

PLEASE HELP?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 01:22 AM

Maybe you should tell your twitter friends that the names were made up for privacy reasons but the story is true. That way the girl has nothing to hold over you.

Make your facebook account private and put the settings so no one can search for it in the mean time if you do not want your twiiter friends to find it.

Ads

03-05-2014, 01:32 AM

Cyber bullies are the same as bullies in real life. The only difference is that the cyber bully can only express him/herself in words. Think of that person as just that. Words. If there wasn't any internet, then surely that bully would not exist though you say she knows you, this is my advice -

You said you're afraid that the person's gonna expose you and give out information. Kill your resources and connections and you'll have an easier time dealing with her. If you deleted your twitter account, what connection would she have with them? Same with Facebook. After all, it's the internet. You met your friends knowing they dont know the truth. End it the same way.
03-05-2014, 01:45 AM

I think that it is likely that the person who is bullying you doesn't really know who you are and is just getting to you because they can see you are sensitive, maybe by the Tone of the Tweets you have written.
Don't lose sleep over it, block the scumbag so that you stop receiving their messages. Or tell them that you will report them for harassing you (tell them you have recorded all their conversations and have a record of their IP address) and that they could end up with a jail sentence if they don't leave you alone.