This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone please help me fill out the "group" thing on facebook?
03-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Can someone please help me fill out the "group" thing on facebook?
Okay, I want to make a group on facebook but some of the stuff doesnt make sense to me. So can someone tell me step by step what I have to put in each blank?
Ten points to best answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 05:50 AM

1. Open the Groups application page ( click the Groups button on the 'Applications' button; then
click Groups).
2. Click the 'Create a New Group' button.
3. Fill in the form details. You must fill in the required fields in order to proceed.
4. Click the 'Create Group' button. 'Customize page' appears with options for uploading a group
profile picture, associating a web page, deciding content display, and choosing group availability.
5. Click the 'Browse' button to select and upload a photo to use as the group profile picture.
6. Certify the upload and click the 'Upload Picture' button.
7. In the Options area of the form, select what content you want displayed on the page and
whether members are allowed to post various items. You can check or uncheck check boxes
and select or deselect radio buttons as needed.
8. At the bottom of the form specify whether your group is open, closed, or secret.
9. Click the 'Save' button. (Facebook asks you to publish the information as a story on your profile
page and news feed).
10. Click 'Publish' to publish the story, or 'Skip' to skip the story for now.
11. Finally, the Invite Friends page appers, you can use this page to invite your friends to join the
group.
12. Click the friends from your list who you want to invite, or type in the email addresses of friends
outside of Facebook.
13. Optionally, add a personal message to the invitation.
14. Click the 'Send Invitations' button at the bottom of the form.
Facebook displays a confirmation that the invites were sent. You can continue inviting more
people, or exit and go view your new group page.

Ads

03-05-2014, 05:55 AM

The only required fields in this form are ‘Group Name’, ‘Description’, and ‘Group Type’.

Once you have entered all this data just click on the button that says “Create Group” and that’s it. You will be the administrator of your own group on Facebook.

For a full guide on how to create a group follow the link in the source.