This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my orignial macbook laptop freezes?
03-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Why does my orignial macbook laptop freezes?
so upon start up it takes like 45 minutes for the keyboard to start working so i can type my password in and then the bottom gets really hot even if i lay it on a surface where it won't heat up. then when i plug in my ipod 4 gen to sync upit literally freezes and stops working unless i restart it and the whole problem starts over. its the original macbook. the white one that was sold in 2006. i bought mine brand new in 2011 so i dont think anything has to do with the computer being outdated or the life of it is slowly dying out. what should i do ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 12:42 PM

When a computer begins to lock up or run very slowly, one of the first things that should be checked is the hard drive. The hard drive is one of the most mechanical parts still in a computer with spinning platters and moving parts that read and write data. As such, it's one of the most common things to go out in a computer. The heating issue could also be caused by a failing hard drive as it's not uncommon for them to get very hot when they are failing.

A lot of Apple computers have built in diagnostics that can test for hardware problems. To access these diagnostics, you should shut the computer down, turn it back on and hold the "D" key down when you hear the chime and continue to hold it until the hardware diagnostics screen comes up.

This may take several tries. If you live near an Apple Store you may also ask one of their technicians.

Agent Ronnie V
Badge 44515
Advanced Repair Agent
Geek Squad Social Media Team

01/08/2014

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply