This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is viewing a persons twitter page and public facebook page stalking?
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Is viewing a persons twitter page and public facebook page stalking?
I was accused by a public person of stalking because I found out that person was smoking weed by viewing his twitter page. He is a rapper and also has a public facebook. This man is around my son quite often and I wanted to know what he was all about. Now he is accusing me of stalking him on facebook and twitter. Is this even possible if it is all public info? Nothing on the pages are private or require me to friend him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:53 PM

No. And if I were you, I'd get my son away from him ASAP.

Ads

He is an idiot. Very very dumb, on a serious level. People like that should be taken out of the gene pool.

These are public forums, so no.
He's full of crap.
It's just like my answer to your question is in a public forum, or MY questions, or my profile page.

He has no case. When he chooses to post pictures of him doing drugs, breaking the law on a PUBLIC site he has lost some of his “privacy” rights. He does not utilize privacy settings; he apparently wants the world to see his page

Does he realize the amount of legal cases recently where FB content has been used against the guilty and to portray character?

I recommend you keep your son from "hanging out" with this guy. (that is if you son is a minor).

absolutely not...he's just paranoid cause he knows he's doing something wrong

Of course it's not. If someone is dumb enough to place private information online for all to see, you have a right to view it. You also have a right to act on it.

You have every right to know who is around your son. If he has a problem with you looking at his public profile tell him to take it down.

It is not. Firstly, since it is public, anyone can view it. For him to accuse you is to accuse everyone who has visited his Facebook and Twitter. It was his own problem for showing he smoked weed. By releasing to the public, anyone is entitled to view the page also since it is not private. Just tell him that if he accused you, he would be accusing EVERYONE who visited his sites. If anything, I believe he is liable for releasing information he wished to keep a secret.

No it would not be stalking he had the choice to put the photos up and make his information available on the .coms 1) I would keep you son away from him 2) call the cops tell on him...... I didn't think weed was so bad until I saw someone get high and I changed my mind.