This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you know any good books?
03-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Do you know any good books?
Do you guys know any good books I would like? And it could be on instagram or fanfiction or just a hard cover book but I have read all the really popular ones like The hunger games (which is my fav) divergent city of bones and that kind of stuff but do u guys know any old or new ones??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 02:00 PM

I LOVE questions like these! I literally could go on for days.

First and foremost, I think I should definitely recommend Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It's a historical nonfiction book about an Olympic runner named Louis Zamperini, who went into WWII and ended up being captured by the Japanese. My goodness, it's my favorite book ever and if you hate historical nonfiction books, let me tell you that I did too! I avoided them at all costs but decided to give this one a chance and I am so glad I did! It's becoming a movie later this year in December, being directed by Angelina Jolie. Highly recommend it!

Now, for YA novels?

1) Article 5 by Kristen Simmons---So so so good. I'm reading the third book right now. It's a dystopian novel, like Hunger Games and like Divergent. Really good!

2) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover---Not dystopian or fantasy but so rich with meaning. It's really reallly good!
3) The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg-- Fantasy but also, like Hopeless, it's a super heartfelt read.
4) Pivot Point by Kasie West---SO SO GOOD---need the sequel like NOW!
5) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting---Mystery--awesome
6) The Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck---Four books in the series, the first one is the best one...I still love the whole series though
7) Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts---Dystopian/Apocalyptic/Mystery--kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time
8) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi---Amazing
9) Poison Princess series by Kresley Cole---Just finished the second book---BLEW ME AWAY AND I NEED THE THIRD ONE NOW
10) Angel Fire series by L.A Weatherly---three books, finished them all....So sad that it's over

I get a little excited when it comes to books....don't mind me. haha

Anyways, hope I helped at least a little!! Big Grin

Ads

03-05-2014, 02:11 PM

The harry potter series
03-05-2014, 02:12 PM

- Cruel beauty by Rosamund Hodge, (Retelling of Beauty & Beast.) I read it and it was done exceptionally well. It comes out this month.
- Clockwork angel (prequel to city of bones. I liked it better.)
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (I know Vampires eww) But this is nothing like twilight, it's similar to Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's Badass.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown (Comes out this month)
- Daughter of smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Angelfall by Susan Ee
- Ender's game by Orson Scott
- Cinder by Merissa Meyer
-Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
03-05-2014, 02:21 PM

the mortal instruments series. the clockwork series. the infernal devices so on. I&#x27;m in love with those.
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM

Check these out.
http://www.bilgebarrel.com/BilgeBarrelPress.html

http://www.bilgebarrel.com/ScienceFiction.html
03-05-2014, 02:47 PM

Why not check out Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven!?
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (I know, it sounds boring, but it's SO much more than the title)

Where the Red Fern Grows

Heaven is for Real

The Underland Chronicles (if you liked the Hunger Games, you will definitely like this series! (might be a bit boring at first but after meeting Ripred (my fav character), the story got interesting!))

Call of the Wild