This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get to know him?
03-05-2014, 08:00 PM
How to get to know him?
He is a senior and I know he will do amazing things in the future, but he is a true wallflower. He doesn't interact with others outside of school and school related activities. He is a very stoic person and cracks a small smile once in a blue moon. I know he is extremely intelligent, but he doesn't have any friends (other than 1 guy), acquaintances yes, but not friends. He tends to mumble when he speaks and he doesn't understand most jokes or he doesn't express his laughter.

His sister who I have talked to on Facebook said that he doesn't openly express his mind often. She said that if he were to trust you then I would have to be a truly special person. He doesn't use social media and doesn't venture out of his house unless he has an activity going on.

He will be attending a university and also be a part of their honors college. He is going to be a nuclear engineer.

I know he is capable of expressing his mind for when we are graded on participation on a debate in AP government he will put out his opinion. He is in FBLA, NHS, wind ensemble, pep band, and is an after school tutor on occasion.

I am a senior girl at his high school, so how can I get to know this guy & why is he different than other guys? (this is what peaked my desire to get to know him)
He is the youngest in the family. (his sister is in college)
*if he were to trust you then you would have to be a truly special person.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 08:09 PM

No question about it. He's a keeper! Guys like him are far and few between. Sound like my fiancee. Your going to have to put in some work and accept it may take some time but guys like him are worth it. Start with a cool easy-going friendship and let it blossom in due time. Just dont rush this guy...ever! Guys like him dont like pushy girls, they can do without. He needs to enjoy your company and be respectful, sweet and kind. He wont give the time to a brat. good luck

Ads

03-05-2014, 08:21 PM

The best way is to start a conversation with him, I can assure you that it will be extremely awkward, but that is probably how he is. Be nice, and make conversation with him. Ask about his interests, future plans and ask him what kind of humor he actually finds funny (probably logical jokes). I have learned that it is almost always the quiet people that make really great friends..
03-05-2014, 08:30 PM

This may sound scary but walk up to him and tell him that If he does not take you out he will miss the most awesome time of his life and you don't want that to happen. Tell him that you don't kiss on the first date that he would have to earn that right.