This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know what to say?
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't know what to say?
Ok well, I've never been very good at talking to people wither it be face to face, over the phone, or online. I just can't seem to get passed my shy and awkwardness when it comes to talking to new people. I never know what to say because I feel like there are expectations to what you should say to certain questions and what not and I don't know what they are. Yet, all my friends seem to do this so easily and always know what to say.

Recently I joined Facebook and I've been accepting friend request from basically anyone who asks (as long as one of my friends is friends with them or there from my school). Anyways, yesterday I accepted a friend request from a boy at my school that I've never met but he's friends with some of my friends. He started a conversation with me I didn't really know what to say so I just asked him about his day and how his teachers are, ect. Well today I got a message from this boy saying "Hey beautiful" I was so confused because I had never talked to this boy in person and i only have one blurry picture of myself as my profile picture. I don't know if this is how people usually talk to each other but i have no clue what to say back.

Any ideas on what to say? I'm not interested in him in the least bit since I've never even met him so I don't know why he would think the same of me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM

No, that isn't how most people talk. And just from that, I'd say that probably he doesn't usually talk like that either. (Although he could, I don't know him either and can only guess based on what you've written here). My guess is that he either a. saw you hanging out with some of the mutual friends you have or b. is teasing you.
As a general rule, accepting friends requests from people you don't know personally is silly. Do you really want to see what they've been up to if you don't even know them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply