This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what can i talk about with people and be confident with everybody?
03-06-2014, 05:41 AM
what can i talk about with people and be confident with everybody?
I feel lonely at school because i barely got any friends.. Im comfortable with some of them . I had a bestfriend who i used to sit at lunch .she was outgoing and had a lot of friends unlike me. but she transferred to another school. Now i dont have many choices of who to sit with.. im kinda shy when people talk to me but i try my best not to be. I feel like i dont know what to talk about with them.. I sometimes feel sad and stressed when that happens.. I cant be that person you can have a good conversation with.. It sometimes gets awkward with some people and with others im really confident and playful . I dont know why i cant be confident with everybody .. it just gets me mad why i cant just ignore what people gonna think of me .-. What can i do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 05:49 AM

I am the same way and only have a few select friends who I connect with really well. I am not sure how old you are because I am in college and sitting by yourself isn't really as big a deal as it was in high school because everyone has different class times. If I am awkwardly by myself and feel as though I need to sit with somebody I would look around the cafeteria and try to find other people who are also sitting alone and ask if they would mind if I sat with them. Then you just ask them how their day is going and what their name is and boom you made a new friend. You can also try to pick other people who look like they are shy as well and ask to sit with them (groups of two). I know all of this sounds taunting as it was for me too in high school. what I have discovered though is that most of the negativity is in your head and what you are worried that people might think of you is almost never the case.

Hope I helped!

Ads

03-06-2014, 05:56 AM

Do you have a facebook? Try to make some friends on there. Add some people you go to school with. Go on their profiles and see what they like. If you have something in common with them, try to strike up a conversation about that subject.

Or you can listen to what some other kids are talking about. If they are talking about something you enjoy talking about, join in.

I have always had similar problems. I wasn't real popular in school either, but sometimes you need to try to break out of your comfort zone. It may seem scary at first, but it's worth a try. You will make friends.

Even if you do only have a few friends, feel great knowing that you have a few real friends rather than just a bunch of fake friends.