This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it pathetic to keep looking at facebook photos of someone you're obsessed about but can't have?
03-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Is it pathetic to keep looking at facebook photos of someone you're obsessed about but can't have?
Ok so obviously I'm in the situation described above. Let's just say I can't have this particular person because society itself is on the way. I've realized that long ago. But I just can't stop stalking on facebook. Do you think it's pathetic or even silly? I just want to know what you guys think if you knew someone that's in the same situation as mine.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 11:29 AM

It is kinda, but I can feel for you.

Ads

03-06-2014, 11:40 AM

I do not see it so much as being necessarily "pathetic" as I do in realizing it to be a counterproductive waste of time and effort that diverts you away from what you really wish to achieve -- the finding of someone who will devote both their time and mental and emotional energies to bringing out the best in you rather than the worst in themselves. You will not ever find that from a picture of one you have already decided you can never have. That is not pathetic -- just tragic as it guarantees failure in your search for love.

One suspects, however, that you are merely a product of the age into which you were born as so many of your peers often are. When you eventually tire of depending on the cold fusion of so called social media to meet your emotional needs you will gravitate more to the actual heat generated by face-to-face with your hands in hers contact that offers a more realistic potential for finding true love. It is there your quest will succeed -- and only there.

Think of it from this perspective: Why should any she offer the best she has to offer (her love and affection) to anyone unwilling to look her in the eye and hold her hand while doing so? You won't find that girl in a photograph viewed in the privacy of your bedroom. If you think of this from the neck up rather than from the waist down, you will see that I am right in my conjecture. After all, the mind, and its proper use, really is your best sex organ.