This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you judge whether an online person is "real" or not; share your stories?
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
How do you judge whether an online person is "real" or not; share your stories?
Out of curiosity, how far do you think someone is willing to go to fake who they are? Have you had a wonderful encounter that turned out to be false? Please share!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM

there's actually no way of telling... even video cameras can be manipulated nowadays...

have to meet them in person...

Ads

03-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Quite frankly, it's very easy to fake your personality online. People have no other way than to judge what you are willing to post online. It's very easy for an average joe to act like a world class pound for pound marathon running champion with a keyboard. You'd have to know them in person to know the truth.
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM

unless you meet them in the flesh they could be all fake otherwise, and if they don't want to meet in person then beware of them.
03-06-2014, 05:12 PM

just assume they aren't. It is not possible to know
03-06-2014, 05:25 PM

you can't judge people online and I have been fooled by an onliner. They faked friends and family members even phone numbers and addresses. It was sad and I'm paying for it every day. The guy isn't even the same guy...it was three different guys and I didn't even know it until I was warped to the point of no return. Oh yeah and it was a girl or a woman I was talking to.
03-06-2014, 05:35 PM

I judge by their apperance.

I know we are taught to not do that but if I'm on a site and a guy with bright blue eyes, perfect blonde hair and a super tight 6 pack tells me I'm beautiful, I'm saying he's fake.

I don't get attention from guys like that in real life so when it's over the Internet, that's how I use my judgement.
03-06-2014, 05:48 PM

to me they are bots just type word i believe nothing expect even less but treat them as they treat me , yet to me bots they are.
03-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Easy. If a hot muscular blonde guy online says "yo gurl u hut" and in real life only ugly or drunk men say that to you you know he's fake.
03-06-2014, 05:58 PM

On the web, you can be anything, I choose to be a cute little puppy, YAP! YAP!