This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to search for people by name on Facebook, not by suggestions.?
03-06-2014, 10:06 PM
How to search for people by name on Facebook, not by suggestions.?
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but when I go to try and search for a friend by name in the search bar, their name doesn't appear on the list. I then click see more results, but the people given on the more results aren't in relation to the name I typed in. They are just Facebook suggestions. I can't see any of the search options tabs either, or anyway to define my search.

I need help so I can fin my friend.
It's not the find by name, because if my friend isn't on the more results list, I would still expect to see others with similar names to what I searched, rather than a bunch of random friend suggestions that have no relation to the name I searched.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 10:09 PM

He might have the find by name disabled. If he's really "your friend" you can just tell him to send you a friend invite or ask for the address that takes you directly to his page.

Ads

03-06-2014, 10:13 PM

I will suggest you to search on Google by typing the person full name and where he lives and his professional work. This will try to give proper result, if doesn't, you can search it on Facebook search by typing the exact phrase or you can also put email address of the person. This will redirect you to the exact person profile page.
03-06-2014, 10:16 PM

ask ur frnd email id.....u will find it easily
03-06-2014, 10:26 PM

yup recently, it happened to me also, it seems that facebook revamping their search by name feature. Normally when I key in the name on the search box, the drop down menu appear, showing the top 9 results, and at the bottom they have the option "see more result for[name]".

But after I have clicked on that option, they showed nothing. It used to be they show some name or page lists to choose.

So in short as usual facebook screwed up!
03-06-2014, 10:38 PM

Try this new Facebook app People Search

http://apps.facebook.com/people_search