This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will people pay $25 for a t-shirt at a flea market?
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Will people pay $25 for a t-shirt at a flea market?
I am trying to start a t-shirt line business. I can't afford a website right now so I am trying to build capital by selling my shirts personally. If I do not sell my shirts for $25 I will lose profit. I wanted to use facebook and myspace for exposure but there is the issue of how I get paid. If a flea market isn't a good place to start, what is my alternative?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Only for a very famous name brand. If you are dealing with the type of people who shop at flea markets.....$10-15 shirts are about all you will be able to sell. If I want a $25 t-shirt, I am going to get a good brand name from a trusted retailer. Just being honest.

Ads

10-15-2012, 07:53 PM

At a flea market you may have to compete with shirts selling at prices like 3 for $10.

Therefore, if you are going to have any chance of success your shirts need to be:

1) incredible quality

2) awesome design

3) incredibly 'hip'.

Additionally, the flea market must be attracting LOTS of very high income and trendy types of people - the types of people that would spend $25 for a tee shirt.

Frankly, $25 tees are a tough sell anywhere. You either need to reassess your product/pricing strategy or find a place with lots of potential high-end customers.

Best wishes and good luck.