This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
lost facebook account...getting it back?
03-07-2014, 12:31 AM
lost facebook account...getting it back?
Lost access to a facebook account because of a forced password change and the fact that i no longer have access to the primary (only) email account. I have tried to retain my account through the website but it seems to run a loop where i constantly add a new email, new password, and a security question from my account with no prevail... Any way around to getting my original account back or am i going to be forced to make a new one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 12:33 AM

Facebook is a great social networking site and it easy to use. But, some people will be surprised to see that there are a lot of choices and options found within the personal settings of a facebook.com account. Changing your email address for a facebook.com account should be an easy thing to do, but with all of the options out there, it's not always at easy as it seems! I will show you in a few short easy steps how to change your facebook.com email address that is on file.

Instructions.
1.The first think you need to do is log into your facebook account.

2.Once logged into facebook.com, click on the "Settings" option that is at the top toolbar in blue.

3.On the Settings page, the third option on the list will be "Email." Click on the "change" link on the right hand side of the screen.

4.Once you click on "change," you will see a new field appear called "New Email." Simply enter your new email address in the "New Email" field and click "Add New Email."

5.Once you complete that step, you will need to re-enter your facebook.com password for security purposes.
http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/artic...sword.html

Ads

03-07-2014, 12:37 AM

To safeguard user privacy, the Facebook login process requires the input of an email address, username or mobile number as well as a password. While you may opt for the "Remember Me" and "Remember My Password" features on your personal device, there may be times when you need to manually log in to your account. If you're not able to locate your account from the login page, there are several steps you can take to recover it.

Difficulty:EasyInstructions
Invalid or Expired Email Address
If you no longer have access to the email address that is linked to your Facebook account because it is invalid or expired, locate your account by logging in with an alternative. If you registered a username, enter it in the "Email" field on the login page. Enter your password and select the "Login" button. If unsuccessful, type your mobile phone number in the "Email" field on the login page. Enter your password and select the "Login" button. This will work if you've registered for Facebook texts. If unsuccessful, type an alternate email address in the "Email" field on the login page. Enter your password and select the "Login" button. If you are still unable to identify your account, complete and submit the "I Cannot Identify My Account" report, which you'll find at facebook.com/help. Click "Browse Help Center Topics" in the left column. Click the "Login & Password" option under "Managing Your Account." Click on "I Can't Remember Which Email Address I Use To Log In To Facebook" and click the link in option 5. Click the "I Can't Identify My Account" link in the lower-left corner of the resulting page to access the report.

After you've logged in, click the "Account Settings" option that appears in the "Account" drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of any page.

Click the "Change" link next to the "Email" option of the "Settings" tab. View your current email settings and edit as desired to manage email addresses that can be used for login.

Invalid Password
Visit facebook.com/recover.php in your browser.

Enter your email address or mobile phone number in the "Email or Phone" field that appears at the top of the page or enter your Facebook username in the space provided. If you don't know the email address, mobile phone number or username that is associated with your account, type your name and the name of a friend in the spaces provided at the bottom of the page and click "Search."

Type the words that appear in the resulting security box to authenticate your request and click "Submit."

If the information that appears on the resulting page matches your account, click the "Reset Password" option to access your account.

Read more: How to Find My Lost Facebook Account | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8484196_lost-fac...z1bAdUq4hF