This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grounded for a year. To severe?
03-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Grounded for a year. To severe?
So I posted a video game joke on facebook that supposed to be a good humored battlefield 4 meme. Now for the record, I wasn't threatening anyone in any shape or form and my friends all recognized the joke because they play the game. My uncle, in my eyes, over reacted and called my dad up saying I was threatening people with it and he called the cops, even though not a single threat was made. I then had to tell the police that I meant no harm I showed my dad what I posted and have been trying to tell him I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, but he took my phone, made me take down my facebook, took my xbox, and social activities away for a YEAR (Youth group, going to the movies with my friends etc.) I would be fine with a 3 weeks to a month but a year!? Is this an over reaction??

Link to the picture i posted: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=...7449384913
Link got deformed: https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7604386560/h73F96C59/
And I'm straight up telling you guys the whole story. Just not mentioning names.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 12:52 AM

Accept it for now, sit back for a week or so and wait till all involved have chilled a little, and all with be ok.

I think you would need to have been a little more silly than what you have explained to get a year ban from any thing....
Like burning the house down etc....

Just sit back 👍

Ads

03-07-2014, 12:55 AM

I don&#x27;t play the game so I don&#x27;t really get the meme, but I can tell you this: your dados probably just extremely upset right now because your uncle twisted the story, however I highly doubt your dad will ground you for a whole year. A few weeks from now (depending on how soon your dads anger wears off) you will be hanging out with your friends again. Besides, as much as your dad loves you, he prob likes the house alone to himself every once in a while. Good luck!
03-07-2014, 01:07 AM

HOLY! THE XBOX?! I wouldn't survive the month to be honest. He over reacted!! Did you show him the game?! Or at least explain the game? Have your friends try to explain it! I would die.
03-07-2014, 01:21 AM

Yes, too severe in my opinion. If this is the whole story, then I do not think you did anything wrong actually. I do not play the game, but even I understand that it is an inside joke of some kind. Any sane and rational person would.
03-07-2014, 01:26 AM

Your uncle is an idiot. So is your dad. Try to let your friends explain on your behalf.
03-07-2014, 01:29 AM

Well obviously your Uncle is a Call of Duty fan.
And Battlefield is awesome by the way.
And it was way too severe. But it should calm down sooner or later.