This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I found out I have a fake profile of me, what should I do?
03-07-2014, 12:59 AM
I found out I have a fake profile of me, what should I do?
Well I went on Statigram (which is an Instagram viewer online), I went on it to retrieve some of my photos on my Laptop to edit and use. When I searched my name up, "ibobbyo", I found out there was a fake profile of me, "ibobbyo11". I found it he/she has made a Kik, (ibobbyo2) & ASK.FM; /ibobbyo.
I have reported all accounts and told my friends to do the same to, I am not sure what else to do, what do you guys suggest?

Links:
Instagram - http://instagram.com/ibobbyo11
#Ask.Fm - http://ask.fm/ibobbyo

My OWN account: http://instagram.com/ibobbyo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 01:01 AM

Reporting should do the trick- it's against most policies online to misrepresent yourself as someone else.

Ads

03-07-2014, 01:15 AM

You've done the correct thing by reporting them, I would also suggest contacting the sites via email, phone or live chat so they know about the issue in more detail so they can resolve it quicker
03-07-2014, 01:26 AM

It might be a fake profile....or it might be someone who had similar idea of username. Either way, you did what most people would do.
03-07-2014, 01:27 AM

Seems the fake profile is a little racist too, Well I can't do anything but I will report the fake account for you
03-07-2014, 01:42 AM

keep an eye on your fake profile, nothing much, it might be your friend doing it.. and notice if what it will display in his profile if anything related to any person you should know which group of people are doing it, just keep an eye on that profile if you think it harm you, we have no other solution, unless it evolve with crime and murder I suggest that you go and log a police report as soon as possible, we don't live twice as life may be.

I really want to help you with sharing technology knowledge in this case of being manipulated of your own asset, somehow things are too much to be said. So if you think you want to see the face of who is him doing this behind the screen I think you can read some computer programming or pay a visit to internet provider agents, I mean this world has too much to know, just do as much as you can.
03-07-2014, 01:46 AM

report or even complain at cyber crime control depertment