This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the guilty verdict for Dahrun Ravi a sign that hate crimes against gays are finally being taken seriously?
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM

he showed no sign of remorse, he deserves those full ten years.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Yes, he will be deported.

Ads

03-07-2014, 02:47 PM

send him packing, i don't wanna pay for him to even be locked up in the united states...
03-07-2014, 02:58 PM

I skimmed through the article, he was an idiot for not taking the plea deal, apparently he could have avoided jail time, considering that he did not pull the trigger so to speak I think the max would be excessive, but at least 2-3 years is appropriate considering what happened, that having been said I probably don't know enough details to make a proper judgment.

I can sympathies a little with being a dumb 18 year old, but there still has to be consequences, this was more than a prank.
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM

He needs to do some time. A little known fact is that there is a great deal of homosexuality in prison. They just deny being gay. I worked at a prison so I know. They do not take kindly to gay bashers. He will most likely get gang raped. Justice?
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM

I saw the story on CBS Sunday Morning News and I think he should be made an example of reckless hate speech but 10 years is a bit excessive. The 2-3 years would be more appropriate.

I, too, worked in a prison and the other poster failed to mention that the "bottoms" are considered to be be gay while the "tops" are considered to be manly men doing manly things in a manly way. Strange, huh? He was right about one thing, Ravi is gonna be a "bottom" whether he wants to or not. I don't think its "justice" though.
03-07-2014, 03:24 PM

I think that society will be taking gay hate seriously when it makes sure it produces none like Ravi and none like his victim Tyler either, over time I have come to the point of view that another persons sexuality is none of my business and that is where society needs to go. Victimizing some coloured person( Ravi) because he acted in tandem with social morays he was taught will change little. THe plain fact that his acts were despicable does not alter he has been taught to behave this way. I might be wrong of course, I often am.
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Would a cow lick Lot's wife? Now if only we could convince the law enforcement folks in Florida that shooting a black kid is just as bad as shooting a white kid!