This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
society is failing to understand the plight of depressed students.am i wrong?answerable question. plz answer?
03-07-2014, 03:09 PM
society is failing to understand the plight of depressed students.am i wrong?answerable question. plz answer?
today, education is basic right and necessary for every citizen to live happily in future. but what is happening ??? students are squeezed and punished if they get less marks in exams. i admit some students are lazy and irresponsible. it depends on their interests. some like sports, singing,etc.parents insists to enter into the field of technical education without asking their childs interest. even though if you like technical education, your teachers are some time defective and simply complete their portions by just reading whatever it is there in textbook.(without understanding). my problem is same. i love the subject but teachers are not good. i have capacity to study on my own. but problem is, i must attend attend classes regularly for attendence .but those classes are of no use for me. i am irregularly regular to classes only for attendence. i have very less time to read at home. being normal, i feel trapped in class. then what is the situation of students having ADHD OR DEPRESSION. they have lack of concentration and it is very difficult for them to listen bad lecture. my friend commited suicide becuz of underperformance and pressure.

we are simply blaming students without realising fact.
if students share their problems about low listening power and lack of concentration, parents and teachers blame students telling them they have no more interest in studies .
but we should recognize students having these problems and find solutions. if we insult or punish them for getting less marks, they naturally feel depressed and take drastic step to commit suicide.

i think i have ADHD because i feel almost trapped in class . my friends can tolerate to sit for long time in class. they sit many hours in class even if they dont understand what they are taught. but i cant. there is no point in attending all classes if u cant understand anything.dont u think i m right? i am pretty sure i m not dunce student becuz i was topper in 10th class(95%) but i am losing interest in studies now because of bad teachers and bad lectures

suicides are common only because even parents are failing to understand problems in their children.
what solution can u people give for this problem?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM

I hate the education system followed in India. Only theory knowledge and marks wont make you intelligent. Indian govt has to take some steps like practical coaching and broad mindset towards marks basis selection. Pressure put on students will lead to mental illness. And wat ur friend has done is stupidity. No one around here encourages suicide. If you have any issues regarding marks or bad coaching you should speak with the teacher whom your comfortable or with your parent, their your parents right they will understand. Yes i agree with you education system sucks hope things change in future Smile Good luck Smile

Ads

03-07-2014, 03:29 PM

Societies in general have always disregarded and shunned those that were different. How you see it now may be based on what is your frame of mind. For example, if you are depressed, it is possible that you just don’t see all the programs and people that are reaching out to you to help. I see society (that I am in) becoming more self reliant, less social in general. Even social media involves speaking to people over a screen such as this one. Fewer and fewer face to face conversations. All of this might be ignoring the basic fact that we are at our core a social species.

I think of it another way too. If we could put all the lonely people together in one place they would all share one thing in common, THE’RE LONELY! The question becomes how to select against those there are not lonely and are only there to take advantage of those that would be present!

You can also see on here that there continues to be a disconnect with children and parents. Many of the kids on here (Yahoo Answers) say “THEY CANNOT TELL THEIR PARENTS”! Taking the responsibility to raise kids goes beyond just saying you are a mom or dad, it means keeping a bond with one’s children and paying attention to signs in addition to what our children are telling us. If one is not capable to doing this, I would go as far as saying they should be staying away from sexual relations.

I think the challenge is to keep presenting this to everyone out there (such as what you are doing here!) I am also including another site where I think an attempt is being made to keep people engaged with one another. (I am sure there are many more sites too.)

I encourage you to someday get an actual evaluation to find out if you really do have ADHD. Seeing a licensed psychologist at maybe even a neurological center, might be a way to know once and for all, what might be the issue you have. In the mean time, I would keep on the search! In another way, the pursuit of what you are talking about can be a career within itself! Helping those that need a little “nudge” in the right direction might be exactly what the doctor ordered. And being creative about how to get the message out to everyone certainly will not in any way hurt your cause. Keep it up and don’t (EVER) give up trying!

I (and you) can remain anonymous if you want to ever email me through Yahoo Answers. Just go to my profile and click email.