This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of freelance work can I do at this stage?
03-08-2014, 11:31 AM
What kind of freelance work can I do at this stage?
Hi, can anyone throw some ideas at me because I am out of work until mid summer and was hoping to do some freelance until then.

I'm a knower of everything master of nothing when it comes to creating websites, SEO, facebook, twitter, photoshop, marketing etc. Would it be best to just make websites for local people who are maybe looking for xyz but on a budget (I couldn't charge much with no certs).

No just an idea of how I would even go about utilizing my skills over the next few months to make an income.

Thanks a lot.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Hello there Connor,

Have you considered Fiverr.com? Check out their website to get some ideas of how other freelancers are subsidizing their incomes online.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

K. Kelly
National Association of Small Business Professionals - NASBP
http://www.NASBP.us

Ads

03-08-2014, 11:54 AM

You can create backlinks,

Everyone knows that EDU & GOV domains carry a lot of weight in the eyes of google, also it will help you to improve yours website PR ranking.

Get Free EDU & GOV backlinks from http://digiawk.com
03-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Hi Connor,

I see that you are looking to earn some money by using your intermediate skills in Graphic and Web designing and online marketing. However if you know that you have a basic knowledge of all these things then there is a much brighter scope for you in future. I want to ask you why do you want to do the wonderful and creative job of web/ SEO for such a short time? What after these short time span is over? Will you continue with this profession further?

I have few things to share with you:-

1) In your case you will look for some local clients. Believe me, local clients who are laymen and doesn't have any know-how of technology are mostly unaware of the efforts you are putting in your work. They will always ask for more for less money.

2) As they dont know the value of the work done their requirement keeps on changing time to time which will bring you more and more rework. Eventually the projects will not finished in definate timespan and extended deadlines means delayed payments!

3) As I already asked if you are looking for a short term career in Web/ SEO? If yes then give up the thought. SEO and Web design/ development is a vast subject. You need at least few years to get mastery over them and emerge as a complete professional. So if you will invest few months to do this work, it will not help you in near future.

My suggestion would be:-

a) Dont just think of making some petty income in few months with these great professional options.

b) Make a long term business plan and work towards achieving it.

c) Am I discouraging you? Do you want me to suggest you the names of the sites where you can get some freelance business? No. I am simply putting light on the reality.

The gist of my answer is - Don't look for short term business in this domain and if you go for sites like elance.com and fiverr.com to make money, look for a long term business plan.

I hope you have got my point. Thanks for reading and all the best!
03-08-2014, 12:11 PM

Well best thing about freelancing is that it pays well. Its a great idea to earn money from home. You can start from seo and try some online portals like guru.com elance and odesk to get freelance projects.
03-08-2014, 12:24 PM

You can earn through Social Media Marketing. Generally these services are done on an hourly basis. You set and hourly rate and charge for your time. Your rate will depend on your abilities and time in the marketplace. You could also develop flat rates for specific tasks such as sending an email or setting up a Facebook page.

For ongoing work you could consider a monthly contract.
03-08-2014, 12:40 PM

You can find a lot of such stuff online on freelance websites.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant