This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can i get pictures removed of my son?
03-08-2014, 05:37 PM
can i get pictures removed of my son?
Theres my exs family that have pictures of my son on local network site i dont wish them to b on as of pedofiles and perverts etc how do i get them removed can police do anything as they wont remove them wen asked

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 05:45 PM

You would be better off reporting the "pedofiles and perverts etc" to save everyone including your son, you can't wrap them up in cotton wool forever.

Ads

03-08-2014, 05:50 PM

If you are the mother and a legal guardian of the child, you may contact the local site and ask them to remove the photos. You will have to provide evidence of guardianship of the minor, but the social media site will instruct you to what is required to show evidence.

I don't know if the UK has made the same judgements regarding social media and the photos of minors, but in the US, the US Supreme court ruled that social media sites must comply with the deletion of any photos regarding a minor should 1 legal guardian, if not all request the deletion. If the social media site in question is also based in the US, they will have to follow this ruling, even though you are in the UK.