This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How could he do this to me if he said he loves me?
03-09-2014, 12:01 AM
How could he do this to me if he said he loves me?
my boyfriend & of a year and a half recently broke up. we were having problems with fighting about small things and I would catch him lying about small stuff. He would go from being loving and caring one second to angry and mean the next second because he had a short temper. I learned to deal with it because I loved him. He would also ditch me for his friends all the time and he started to spend less time with me, but one day we both decided it was best to end the fighting. I was upset but I tried to be fine with it until one night later he went partying with his friends and he also started flirting with the girl (his ex)he swore he hated our whole relationship on a social media site. The next day I texted him and asked about why he would do that to me and his reply was that we weren't together anymore sorry I lied about hating her, we were good friends. I also asked what he did or if he made out with anyone and he said he didn't know because he didn't remember..... I started freaking

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 12:17 AM

This is a very normal way for a man to react after a break up. I speak from experience! I have broken up with the man of my dreams numerous times and each time he has gone and sown his wild oats. Thing is, it comes to a few weeks/months later and he can't cope with putting a front on anymore and it all comes out. If he actually DOES love you, these acts don't mean he doesn't. They mean he is trying to feel good when something really s****y has happened.

Ads

03-09-2014, 12:31 AM

He could have either be playing games , have a mental illness such as bipolar, chronic depression, or displaying early signs of schizophrenia. A ordinary well balanced young male would have the decency to talk things over with you in person and not make silly excuses.
03-09-2014, 12:35 AM

he was a liar and a douche bag move on
03-09-2014, 12:42 AM

You are such a controllable naive girl that any abuser is happy to have for a girlfriend. You learned to deal with his abuse. Why? If he loved you, why didn't he learn to live with some of your crap and not argue about it? That's because he didn't love you, he has no intention of changing anything about himself and expected you to do it all. That's what abusers do.

You had broken up so you had no right to ask him if he made out or had sex with anyone. He was, at that point, your ex. Asking that just lead to him being rude and I'm sorry to say that wouldn't have happened if you had butted out and minded your own business. His business is not your business and your freaking out was inappropriate.

Move on and be damn glad he is with her and not you because you don't need to be in a relationship where you are fighting and being lied to. Never talk to him again and do your happy dance you're free!
03-09-2014, 12:51 AM

Fuck him. You don't have to put up with anything. Find somebody who is perfect for you. Let his ex deal with his bs
03-09-2014, 01:02 AM

Now, most men like him say "I love you" to get into your trousers, but nevertheless it could have been genuine, in which case, most men who did 'love you' will react like this after a break up. It's in a mans psychology to go out and party, find exes etc... Just to feel free. However, a few weeks or months later men start to realize what they did and go back to the woman. But usually whilst men are out partying the women are upset and when the men realize, the women are usually seeing someone else. This is not every man - woman case! If there was any hint of violence, its better for you to have got out.
03-09-2014, 01:16 AM

He sounds horrible and really you are better off without him. Try to stop texting this lowlife, he's not worth it.