This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
special effects makeup job?
03-09-2014, 01:23 AM
special effects makeup job?
Okay, so I am really into sfx makeup, I'm 16, I have set up a page on Facebook for it I only started it on the 16th December, I just wanted to know if you knew how to get into sfx jobs, because I want to go to a college to do it, but my dad won't , is there a chance of getting into university without studying it in college? Or can you get a job from it off the bat, if you get me? I hope you understood this :3 thanks!
This is my page if you want to check it out! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessicas-...413?ref=hl

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 01:29 AM

You do not NEED a school education for effects although it helps to learn the right way and faster (you can study for YEARS on your own and barely scratch the surface of this field). It will still cost a pretty penny to get the supplies and equipment you need to learn the skills you would need to earn a living in this HIGHLY competitive field. Even with talent, skill and connections, you may find yourself working other jobs to help support yourself for MANY years before the possibility of a "job". Most artists freelance which is not for everyone, but there are very few full time jobs out there. Most importantly you need to start working on your portfolio and find bigger artists in your area you can VOLUNTEER with. Most likely you will have to work a long time for free to trade for the learning opportunity. Keep in mind many of these people (myself included) get offers every week for free help, and most are turned away. Show a positive attitude, determination, willingness to learn and take direction and show the person or company respect. Good luck! Be prepared for a difficult road. I will be posting more about the industry on our YouTube channel and on our website this year if you want to keep in touch. "Monster" Midian with Monster Makeup FX.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply