This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it desperate to ask friends on Facebook if I can hang out with them on New Years Eve?
03-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Is it desperate to ask friends on Facebook if I can hang out with them on New Years Eve?
I haven't been invited to any NYE parties (I never get invited to anything, really), but I really want to go out this year, because I'm finally 21 and I haven't gone to a party/gone out on NYE before. I can't throw a party myself because I live with my parents (I'm in college and on break) and they won't allow it in their house, so my only option is to see if people have plans on NYE and to basically cling to them. I feel like such a desperate loser because my friends won't invite me out themselves, and this is basically the only way I ever get to go out, is to ask friends if they have plans and if I can come along.

So, is there a way I can go about asking people if they have plans/if they want to hang out on New Years Eve without sounding like a desperate, friendless bum? I really hate that no one invites me to things, but as an adult I refuse to stay home and watch TV in my pajamas like I did when I was 5.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 01:55 AM

Hmmm well it may still sound a little "desperate" but this is simply an idea. Maybe you can bounce ideas off of it.

post a Facebook status.

In the status, say something like you can't make up your mind what to do for NYE. and ask if anyone has a good party to go to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply