This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why did she cut me off?
03-09-2014, 02:04 AM
why did she cut me off?
There was this girl who I worked with for a more than two years. She and I got along great, she was a really good friend for me at work. I was very attracted to her and I would have dated her if she didn't had a boyfriend and if we didn't work together so I kept it as friends. Everything seem great between us, if I needed help with something she helped me and if she needed something I was there. We're always laughing and sharing jokes. However she talked back to the boss one day and about a month later she was gone. I did everything I could to make sure that she didn't get fired but there was nothing I could do. The last time that I saw her as she was leaving to drop off her stuff, she told me that she was getting a new phone that day so I made sure she had my number. But she never called or texted me. I emailed her as well and had no response back. It's been three months since I last heard from her. She doesn't have facebook or any social network profile which I can contact her with. I try not to think about it much because everytime I do, the only answer I could think of is that maybe I'm not as important to her as she was to me. Even if she straight up told me that she doesn't want to see me or talk to me anymore for whatever reason, I would be okay. But not knowing why I never heard from her again really make me sad. If this was some random girl who I met one night or even went on a date with, I wouldn't even care but this was someone I knew for a long time. Someone who I look forward to seeing everyday when I walk through the door at work. She just completely disappear out of my life.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 02:18 AM

She has a boyfriend.

Ads

03-09-2014, 02:31 AM

you answered your own question. you were not as important to her as you thought. as far as she's concerned outta sight outta mind. move on, she has.
03-09-2014, 02:34 AM

In the end, she didn't care about you at all.
I've dealt with girls I was "friends" with who were like that to me and I've also dealt with liking 3 female coworkers that didn't like me although 2 of them, would flirt with me.
There's a girl I used to work with at a big grocery store.
I was always nice to her and would help her out a lot even when she didn't ask me to help her out.
She would be like, "Let me help you" and I would tell her that it's alright.
I would even help her mother out a lot as her mother as my coworker too at that job.
I ended up surprising her 1 night when I was no longer her coworker to give her valentines.
When I gave her the valentines, she was just like, "thank you" and "bye."
I wrote in a valentines day card to text me whenever to keep in touch or just text me to let me know if she liked the valentines.
She never bothered to call or text me (I did write my number down in the valentine's day card).
The very next 2 times I visited that grocery store I used to work with her at, she wouldn't bother to say anything to me.
The second to last time I saw her, she was only a few feet away from me while I was talking to another former coworker at that job.
She gave signs that she liked me when I worked with her like having trouble looking at me, telling me that she wondered where I would be when I wasn't around her and instantly blushing when a coworker asked her if she loved me.
I was so nice to her.
I never flirted with her when I worked with her and I never gave her attitude.
I even complimented her once when I worked with her when I told her, "bye most beautiful girl who works here."
Now, she longer works there but her mom still does.
Her mom was nice enough to give me her own cell phone number so I can use her as a personal reference (I have her mom's cell number).
There are female coworkers that will come off like they really are attracted to you or just like you as a coworker or friend, but they ultimately will not give a crap about you.
They won't care to talk to you and really don't care how you're doing when you no longer work with them.
I hope that I've helped answer your question and take care of yourself. I mean it. ~ Alan
03-09-2014, 02:36 AM

I feel your pain. My former supervisor of 1 1/2 years left last summer. We got along really well, and of course I developed feelings for him. I loved seeing him every day and getting to know him. I was happy for him when I found out he got another job. He got a phone call one day and I was the first person he told. He literally said, "Whoo hoo!" I gave him card on his last day, and hugged him good bye, but didn't get to tell him how I really felt. He said that I could email him, but I'm pretty sure he quit using his accounts. He said that he would write me letter of recommendation if I ever needed it, but didn't give me any contact info.
I miss him so much, but feel like an idiot for getting so attached. I want to move on, but I can't. It sucks, knowing that he lives 15 minutes away and he wants nothing to do with me. I haven't seen him in months.
Let's face it. We didn't mean as much to our coworkers as they did to us. If this woman wanted to keep in touch and build a relationship with you, she would have contacted you. It's not your fault. She decided to disappear and leave you behind. Keep reminding yourself that she doesn't care about you and that you're better off without her. You will get through this eventually. Smile