This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Around how much would it cost to run a megasite like say you-tube, or myspace? But more importantly, FACEBOOK?
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Around how much would it cost to run a megasite like say you-tube, or myspace? But more importantly, FACEBOOK?
(This question has bee naskec before and only got 1 reply. "Not much really about 100bucks to buy the domain name and they get money from advertisers." Well, I disagree with this answer, I want to know what other people think? I know that the storage space used on facebook must be massive, the bandwidth astronomical! So what is the real cost? Also Pay per click ads dont make that much revenue. Facebook is estimates to be worth US$8billion. So how much does it cost to run? (Oh and yeah, its a big market research engine, thats where the money comes from.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:54 PM

maybe million dollars

Ads

10-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Up to thousands for the servers, several hundreds for the DS3 or better line, Enough airconditoned space for several servers, the Battery rack and converters for power back up in the high hundreds, and monthly utility cost of as much as several thousands. A lot of the services are add ons to existing servers doing other functions at start until they get large enough to warrant the additional expense to support them in stand lone. Yes a lot is off set by advertising income but that also takes time to build.