This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My computer won't start. Could it be too cold?
03-09-2014, 10:49 AM
My computer won't start. Could it be too cold?
I had to move to another house. The tower didn't budge at all the whole ride but it isn't coming on. It is still pretty chilly from the ride over but I wasn't sure if it could be too cold for it to start.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 10:56 AM

What happens when you turn it on? How cold is it?

Ads

03-09-2014, 11:07 AM

You need to wait for your computer to adjust to the room temperature first, because you might have built up condensation from the temperatures. After that, if it won't start up, then just make sure nothing came loose, and that the outlet is good.

If you need any help you can contact me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBSN/205302762950470
Please include the link to your yahoo question so I can know what the issue is and I will respond as quickly as I can. Typically you will recieve a response within an hour, but it will depend on total workload.
03-09-2014, 11:15 AM

Most PCs are relatively unaffected by cold, although moisture from moving from the cold into the house might have beaded up inside it, causing problems. Let it dry out. if it still dosent work, something may have gotten shorted by booting a damp machine, or it could have been damaged in shipping it around. Take it to a shop, in that case.