This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was blocked from a facebook group for no reason other than I'm a homosexual. LAWYERS PLEASE.?
03-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I was blocked from a facebook group for no reason other than I'm a homosexual. LAWYERS PLEASE.?
I was participating in a thread discussion on a political group about gay marriage. The original poster said people of the same sex should be banned from getting married. I then said I'm gay and I was blocked 10 seconds later. I feel I was blatantly discriminated for no reason other than my sexual orientation and I wanna sue. What can I do about it? Should I call the ACLU?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 11:01 AM

Forget about those ignorant people and just create a new Facebook account.

Instead of getting into heated discussions with people against us LGBT individuals, focus your energy not on Facebook, but the ACTUAL organizations in your city or state that are not LGBT friendly and then fax and email them your thoughts on why they are wrong to be against marriage equality.

You're more than welcome to use my article, below, on marriage equality/LGBT rights, the hypocrisy of the other side, and organized religion's hateful past:

Some people DISGUISE their homophobia under a veil of supposed religious beliefs by CHERRY PICKING AND CHOOSING “OUT OF CONTEXT OR LITERAL” biblical passages to fuel their ANTIGAY hatred. IF we go by their method of interpretation, then the bible ALSO bans the following! >>

Divorcing Someone -MARK 10:8
Cursing -EPHESIANS 5:4
Football on Saturdays -EXODUS 20:8
If You Work On The Sabbath (SUNDAY), You Are Supposed To Be Put To Death -EXODUS 35:2
Do You Have Any Disobedient Children? You can KILL them if you want -LEVITICUS 20:9, 21:9, DEUTERONOMY 21: 20-1, ZECHARIAH 13:3
If Your Wife Is Not A Virgin On Your Wedding Night, SHE MUST BE KILLED -DEUTERONOMY 22:20-21.

AND THEY LOVE TO "QUOTE" LEVITICUS, BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THESE THINGS THAT ARE BANNED IN LEVITICUS!:

Shaving & Getting Tattoos On Your Body 19:27-28
Gossip 19:16
Eating Lobster, Pork, Bacon, Ham, Shrimp And Clams 11:10-12
Wearing Cotton/Polyester Blends 19:19
Associating With Women Who Are On Their Periods 15:19-20

Now, on to the HYPOCRISY of anti-gay straight people: In the United States: HETEROSEXUALS have a 50% divorce rate (I thought marriage was "sacred"?), STRAIGHT women commit MURDER through abortion at a rate of 1 OUT OF 3, HETEROSEXUALS DEFY God's "Ten Commandment" to not "commit adultery," 1 OUT OF 5 Women are raped/sexually assaulted by STRAIGHT MEN in their life, HETEROSEXUALS have MULTIPLE marriages (even though they took a vow in front of God 'until death do us part' ...that is, not 1st married, 2nd married, 3rd married, etc.), they marry for wealth/opportunity and for other UN-Christian reasons, 50% of STRAIGHT teens have engaged in oral sex by age 18 (PRE-MARTIAL sex is AGAINST many religions!), and 40% of kids are born "out of wedlock" to UNMARRIED heterosexual parents!

However, "Anti-LGBT Straight People" should have no fear that I will call them abominations or say that they're going to hell for all the "sins" mentioned above because even though they LOVE TO JUDGE ME AND OTHERS, I don't believe in judging "ANY" human being! Furthermore, people who claim to be "Christian" but USE religion to spread hate, negativity, and bigotry, ARE NOT REAL "Christians."

Call them what they are: hateful and/or ignorant "fake Christians." REAL Christians love and accept everyone, but "fake Christians" who USE religion as a divisive sword to VILIFY other human beings, never will be, and never have been Christians. These kind of people are destroying organized religion, and in turn, turning people away from organized religion.

Additionally, NO particular religion RULES this country. Our US Constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." If people want to live in a country where there is complete theocratic rule, they they need to move to: Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, or Yemen. Indeed, if those against marriage equality/LGBT rights desire living under "theocratic" rule where particular religious doctrines/beliefs are FORCED onto the masses, THEY ARE LIVING IN THE WRONG COUNTRY.

I'm gay, I believe in God (non-denominational/Spiritualist), and I am MORE "Christian-like" than many of these "fake Christians." Religion was NEVER intended to be used as a vehicle for hatred and bigotry. God/Buddha/Jesus/Mohammed and/or (insert name of god/gods) does not hate, nor has EVER hated ANY human being. It's "certain" human beings who support and spread hate, for it's NOT GOD because God is the root of all LOVE, void of hate.

Further, even If I did believe in their "hateful use" of religion, as an American citizen, I am free to believe in certain people's narrow minded outdated religious doctrines, or MY OWN, or none of them at all! Of course, opponents are more than welcome to spew their archaic nonsense, religious hate, or bigoted venom all they want.

However, thankfully, as an American citizen who lives in the most free country in the world, as an individual, I have a right to believe what they believe, AND I have a right to REJECT what they believe. Furthermore, it's extremely dangerous when unintelligent individuals seem to indicate that a religious book "overrules" our United States Constitution.

If people believe that the Christian bible is the law of the land, I challenge them to show me ANYWHERE in the United States Constitution where it says "Black and White" straight couples couldn't marry (when it was ILLEGAL at one time), AND where it says same-sex couples cannot marry. They cannot show me because it doesn't exist! As such, all of their "bible" arguments are worthless, baseless, and INVALID. Our "country's bible" is our US Constitution, NOT a religious book!

Moreover, the bible has lead to the slaughter of more people than ALL wars combined "in the name of God.” The bible has been used to persecute Jews, to prove that Whites can OWN Blacks as slaves, and now individuals want to "butt" into my life and say I can't marry who I want. All of the aforementioned has been sanctioned and is currently being instigated (anti-gay animus) by Christianity.

In his book, "Holy Horrors," James Haught chronicles 1,000 years of RELIGIOUS HATE (the Witch Hunts, Crusades, Holy Inquisition, and anti-Jew sentiment). Also, Richard Rubenstein wrote in, “After Auschwitz: Religion and the Origins of the Death Camps,” that the Nazis "did not invent a new villain...they took over the 2,000-year-old Christian tradition of the Jew as a villain. The roots of the death camps must be sought in the mythic structure of Christianity."

Here's just one biblical passage that fueled Jewish hatred: "You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, "WHO KILLED THE LORD JESUS" [...]. The wrath of God has come upon them at last." (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16).

Throughout history, people have also used biblical passages to VALIDATE slavery. The book, "Noah’s Curse" by Stephen Haynes explains that the biblical passage, "A servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren," reads Noah’s CURSE on Ham. Ham is later identified as the ancestor of black Africans, and historically, this biblical passage has been used to JUSTIFY Black slavery.

Also, many Christian clergymen SUPPORTED SLAVERY. Larry Tise says in his book, "Pro Slavery," that ministers "wrote almost half of all defenses of slavery published in America." He also lists 250 religious men who USED the Bible to say that Whites were entitled to own Blacks as slaves.

James Haught says, "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of the coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites."

In 1967, when the Supreme Court ruled interracial marriage bans as unconstitutional, 72% of Americans were AGAINST "interracial marriage." Most Americans did NOT want Whites to marry Blacks, Whites to marry Latinos and Whites to marry Asians. MOST Americans believed that interracial marriage was immoral, unnatural, and contrary to God's will.

Further, marriage has NEVER been between 1 man and 1 woman. In the bible: King David had 6 wives, King Solomon had 700 wives, and Rehoboam had 18 wives. In Exodus 21:10, it even says: "a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry." So, yes, the institution of marriage DID change and HAS evolved over time.

As it relates to LGBT rights, people can spin their "erroneous" interpretation of religion all they want. However, thankfully, I can choose to believe what they believe, or NOT believe what they believe, and I can be a part of a religion, or NO religion. That's MY right as a US citizen, and so long as our government IS involved in marriage, religion has NO place in these discussions. We DON'T live in a theocracy, we live in a DEMOCRACY. Equal rights belong to EVERYONE, including LGBT Americans!

When same sex marriage is LEGAL NATIONWIDE IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS (we are nearly at 20 states already!), opponents are more than welcome to go postal on the world, leave the USA, or they can be a "fake Christian" and use religion to spread their hatred. However, IN THE END, they won't be able to stop me from getting married, and if they want to try to stop me, I'd like to see them try!

Ads

03-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Get the hell over it. It's a facebook group and obviously YOU decided to post on something that was against what you are. Deal with it. They have freedom of speech.
03-09-2014, 11:03 AM

Being offended does not make a good case for a lawsuit...

You do not have a case - legally.

It is the nature of FaceBook - people are rude, discourteous and down right awful. But that does not make for a case.

What would the basis for a lawsuit be?
- defamation? - I don't think so...
- libel? - I don't think so...

Move on. In future be selective with who you friend - personally and through social media.