This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I buy the Samsung galaxy S4 mini or the Sony Xperia SP?
03-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Should I buy the Samsung galaxy S4 mini or the Sony Xperia SP?
ok so this would be my new phone and I have a ~$350 budget. At first I wanted to buy the S4 mini but I did some research and found out that the Xperia SP might actually be better. and many reviwers said the the S4's price doesn't justify it's specs. Here is why I think Xperia XP might be better:

-I also saw that SP has longer battery life
-SP has LED notification light which S4 mini does not
-IMO SP design looks better
-I heard camera is bad but I don't take that many pictures
-most of the user reviews for the SP are higher

Here are some questions:
-is there much difference between 1GB and 1.5 GB RAM?
-on which phone is the multi-tasking better?
-***Does the fact that the Xperia SP doesn't have a removable Battery pose a huge problem? for example will I ever need to replace bateries? if yes how will that be done then?
-I like watching youtube videos and spend a lot of time playing games and chat on facebook

Which phone do *YOU* prefer?

Thanks in advance, hopefully there will be a nice person out there willing to help me Smile
Also, the SP has a bigger screen and 720p (don't know about the S4 mini though)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM

I was in the same shoe and bought the SP for its higher resolution, but also because I was able to get it new on Craigslist for 1/2 of what the S4 mini costs.

Ads

03-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Xperia sp, really its a lot cheaper. Its been 2 years sony is creating some real midrange jewels despite failing in high end. On other hand samsung is besting high end but making crap in midrange. Xperia SP has the same cpu of mini but the gpu is faster adreno 320 yes it is the same as the big galaxy s4 and xperia Z means all the intensive games will play smoothly. And the display is bigger and of HD resolution vs. Mini's 4.3 qHD and the s iii mini never got 4.2 update so s4 mini will not get 4.4 probably. Whereas xperia SP is promised android 4.4 by february and xperia sp has better battery life and non replacing means not that mess as you will hardly require to replace it for 2-3 years. And you cant ignore the premium looks of SP with aluminium at sides. The s4 mini looks downright ugly.