This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guys! i'm 24 (female) and in a relationship, is it possible to have friends of the opposite sex?
03-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Guys! i'm 24 (female) and in a relationship, is it possible to have friends of the opposite sex?
I'm 24, in a relationship, the only guys I talk to are guys I know from where I used to live (middle east) and it's mostly through facebook on rare occasions,
or guys at work (europe) but on a team level. It's still fairly distant, especially if they're single.

Sometimes I meet guys who are just so chilled and supportive, (but single..) so I never know if it's because they want something more, (and even if they would) if their values are strong enough to respect our 'friendship.'

Is it possible to have friends of the opposite sex, or only acquaintances?
Why would someone invest in a friendship (time and effort) towards the opposite sex?

I guess anything is possible but I don't want to be naive,
It would be nice to have an opinion from a guys point of view but open to all answers..

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM

I have plenty of friendships with guys that are totally mutual. It's definitely possible.

Ads

03-09-2014, 09:28 PM

it is possible to be friends with the opposite sex. best part about having friends from the opposite sex is you can ask them questions about crush problems or something like that. nobody knows the male/female mind better than the male/female. could you answer mine please? i could use the help.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...334AAFvleP
03-09-2014, 09:44 PM

Well i wouldn't mind my girlfriend to have guy friends but there must be a limit for both sides. Saying hey how are you doing and talking over the phone and going out for lunch or something to that nature i have no problem with. But when it goes as far as laying down on the couch together watching a movie or going out to dinner and she needs to look her 100% best and talks nicer to her guy friends then me and spend more time with them then yeah i have a problem with it.
03-09-2014, 09:51 PM

It is possible but will put a wedge between you and boyfriend - I am a mum & grandma and over the years I have told my daughter to forget about facebook or it will cause problems in her marriage and now they have seperated, the same goes for 3 of the young girls I work with. Your life your choice but to save your relationship stick with yahoo answers instead of facebook, Good Luck