This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you and your spouse have facebook pages, should you be on the others page?
03-09-2014, 10:57 PM
If you and your spouse have facebook pages, should you be on the others page?
My husband removed me from his facebook page months ago, but claimed to keep it open to monitor and communicate with his son who lives in another counrty. My stepson is on my page but his dad has demanded that he remove me in the past, and then allows him to add me again.

I found out yesterday that my husband has other women on his page but always said he isn't into social networking. I only found out about this as he accused me of contacting this woman, whom I didn't know he was communicating with! He admitted to searching her out and started communicating with her not long ago.

I personally think it is odd that my husband doesn't have me on his page, he has had prior issues with cheating and meeting women on the net so I am hypersensitive to this fact. Today, I added my husband and told him I didn't care who his friends are but that I should at least be on his page. I highly doubt that these women know he and I got married.

Opinions? Am I wrong to feel the way I do?
I am MARRIED on my status on my page, I do not know what his is as it is private. I only found that he is friends with this woman AFTER he accused me of contacting her. He lied to me and stated he had just started to talk to her and IF he adds her to his page, he would tell me. I searched her name and found my husband as her friend, which means he lied about that! I have pictures of myself and my husband together on my page. I have nothing to hide and am proud that he is my husband!! And yes, of course his son knows we are married. Hell...even his exwife is on his page as a friend. Of course he states they communicate there as well. I've always known them to email or call/.text.

I think it is strange he isn't proud of me being his wife either. It is hurtful to say the least!! Now, he says he is going to delete his page, which if it is how he monitor and communicates with his son....it's in vain and stupid!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 11:00 PM

Well if i were a cheater or trying too , i wouldn't want my wife on my page.

You are right.

Ads

03-09-2014, 11:04 PM

Your step-son's father ought to be your husband...

Anyway, something is amiss if your spouse doesn't /want/ you linked to them as their spouse on fb if you both use it.

It is also idiotic to say fb ruined this marriage - the root problem we see from this is he is not cherishing you as his wife.
fb has nothing to do with that.

And seriously, if your marriage is such that you're learning things about your spouse on fb... game over came and went.
03-09-2014, 11:15 PM

oh the facebook and myspace.. Time to give it up or have trust
03-09-2014, 11:17 PM

you should be freind # 1....just another marraige that may be ruined by facebook...
03-09-2014, 11:33 PM

Yes, it's very strange. If he has nothing to hide, then why take you off???
*** Red Flag Alert ***
03-09-2014, 11:41 PM

wow. you have every right to be on that assholes page
03-09-2014, 11:55 PM

I was reading on CNN.com last week there was a study done on 5,000 divorces in America from last year, and 1 in 5 cited "Facebook" as one of the factors of the divorce.....
03-10-2014, 12:01 AM

No you are not wrong to feel the way that you do. Me and my husband both have facebook and I am on his page, and people know that we are married!
03-10-2014, 12:04 AM

Yes, you should be one of his friends. If he has nothing to hide it would not be an issue. He should be proud to have his wife on his page.

First step - get rid of facebook