This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't feel like I have a life?
03-10-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't feel like I have a life?
Apparently I am a "wallflower". Basically, I feel like I have no life and I don't do anything interesting. I go to an all girls school so only ever talk to girls in my class. I occasionally talk to old friends on facebook and this guy I met on holiday but that's about it. I used to go to Stagecoach and I always got the impression that people didn't like me- i mean they said I was nice and friendly but we never really bonded and I was often excluded. I go to tennis but a lot of the people there are younger than me and again, we are not that close. I just feel like I don't really have a life outside of school and I want help!! I am starting DofE volunteering at the PDSA charity shop so does anyone have any thoughts on that? Please give me any suggestions I just really need help!
Cristian- I'm pretty sure I'm not a lesbian?
btw guys I do have friends from school and stuff like I have a lot of friends but just no life lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 12:49 AM

You should take up a sport where there are people who are at the same age like you are.

Ads

03-10-2014, 01:01 AM

Mabe you just need to switch up your routine. If your always going right mane it's time to go the opposite way. You more meet somebody new. Somebody that can relate to you and how you feel about life. Go to other events where there's music and people. You may have a hard time bonding with people but I'm pretty sure there's someone that wants to be your friend. Also it might be that you go to an all girls school you never interact with the opposite sex.
03-10-2014, 01:11 AM

Find hobbies, sports or clubs that you like. Volunteering a couple hours a week at an animal shelter is another idea. If you get a part time job at a mall or something you are guaranteed to meet young people
03-10-2014, 01:26 AM

Your fine, trust me no need to be in hurry to join any group of people, Friends will come with time, joining groups of clickes is nothing but drama........maybe your shy, just loosen up a bit, you can start by just oppening up a bit More, and try joining something that interest you, thats where youll find some folks with similar interest as you.its not so bad to just keep to yourself sometimes, im like that but i also dont have the drama some folks have for trying too hard to join up with the right group of people.and when you do find that special friend, you will know and cherish that friendship for a lifetime, and know why thisis the way you are in making friends, maybe your just careful and selective........in my book thats a good thing.
03-10-2014, 01:36 AM

Try to take initiative in making new friends or bonding etc. Do something sweet for someone you want to bond with. A good deede never goes unrewarded..
03-10-2014, 01:39 AM

Stagecoach? Is that a home food type restaurant in this town where I read your question? Where people are friendly but don't speak up first always?

Natasha, dear, it might interest you to know that boredom--yes, boredom--is not only a "non-problem" you share with uncounted many people, more especially youngish people, it is also a very high--near tops--level of well adjusted human functioning, both on mental and on emotional level. Because it's just short of the highest level you seek, not many steps, one-by-one, short.

One key, apart from skewed self image, seems to be suggested by your use of that word, wallflower, which suggests that, just like actual wall paper, you are content to just be there waiting (as it were) to be seen and (hopefully?!) admired. Yes, some people do need only to wait, be seen, and be handed bliss. But, I can personally attest, without very rare good luck such people invariably end up with less than they could have offered--a blissful mismatch.

You talk of facebook--you could just as well say fakebook--doesn't come anywhere near "in the flesh." A place for family to correspond without talking...or even writing...or even reading...just looking at the pictures. Not a very promising place except to habituate.

Younger than you? Whose hangup is that when the younger people want attention even more than you? So, reach out to those younger's and you are going to find how rewarding, and self-esteem building, it can be to experience elder respect, even at the price of losing a set! 'Sides that, younger's are natural masters of networking, so some of that could rub off.

Bonding? Isn't that what infants do...until they are weaned. It's what other people will do with you if (remember that, if) they find you to be the "you know" that they are looking for. (Who wants to get up close and nuzzly to paper/flower on the wall?) Think about "interesting" and bonding will come as mutual interest first, mutual pleasure next, mutual affection finally.

As for volunteering under DoE auspices, appearances are that you interest lies in education as a career, which is fine (and does no harm if you change your mind). As for charity (fund raising) as a "pickup" activity, well, all things are possible. However, when confining yourself to a niche, you could be confining possibilities to a niche...like a wallflower niche. To grow beyond yourself, you must reach beyond yourself.