This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is this severe loneliness or first stage depression?
03-10-2014, 03:05 AM
is this severe loneliness or first stage depression?
Have you ever experienced it that you can't or you don't want to go to sleep yet because you are so lonely and sad and you are waiting for something that would make you happy before going to sleep. Like maybe, an email that brings good news, or a message notification from the person you like a lot or a funny comment from a friend on your facebook or get several likes on your recent instagram photo. It happened to me often. I can't sleep because I kept on waiting for something that would make me happy - not the usual everyday small things that I just take for granted now - but i am constantly waiting for a surprise that would make me happy.
@Kathy Miller: I appreciate your offer. So kind of you. Thank you.

@ALL HAIL JESUS!:
I am a believer. But this time, I think I need a human understanding. I need to feel a human's hug, exchange views and opinions with a human. I'm sorry, I can't just live with Jesus in my heart alone. I also need people. And because I am working online, I only am interacting with friends through the net. I need interactions with people which seldom happens now - two years - because I am working online 16 to 18hours, 6days a week.

Really, it's great to interact with people just like this one. Not much interaction here but seeing all your answers made me realize things and I think I know now what to do and what's been lacking. Thank you all! I appreciate all your answers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 03:20 AM

Severe loneliness.

Ads

03-10-2014, 03:23 AM

Sometimes
03-10-2014, 03:39 AM

Mmm, well loneliness can cause depression. I empathize with you greatly and know how hard this is, how it feels. One bad thing you're doing though is just waiting for something to happen. I think it's better if somehow you go out and try make happiness instead of expecting that it will be given to you.
03-10-2014, 03:42 AM

I am often awake and on the computer in the evening. So, e-mail me by double clicking my avatar and I will tell you a funny story to cheer you up!
03-10-2014, 03:50 AM

WRONG FORUM. There are two appropriate forums for question: PSYCHOLOGY and MENTAL HEALTH. Philosophically, if you wish to harvest grapes, go to a vinyard, not a potato field.
03-10-2014, 03:53 AM

Desperately lonesome...or addicted to the internet. It's sad to me that you constantly look outside yourself for your joy.
03-10-2014, 04:06 AM

Meditate on contentment.

In the Bhagavad Gita there is a description that I always liked, that a certain person would be "content with what little comes his way."

Celebrate what is good about your life.
03-10-2014, 04:11 AM

I have good news for you. God is real, and he wants to be your closest friend. You mean so much to him he'd rather die than live without you. He says 'seek' and you will find. He's no liar, so all you must do to know him is to search with all your heart. The good news is that reconciliation is at hand: all you must do to gain his forgiveness is to turn away from the past and be willing to share your heart with him.

There's no way to fix our own problems. He set it up that way. Things will only get worse if you don't heed his call.
03-10-2014, 04:27 AM

isolation mental or otherwise can actually cause depression. it is both a symptom and a reason.
happiness is no more found outside oneself than a rose in a corn field.