This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If our World standing in Education has deteriorated over the last 20 to 30 years, how come we still?
03-10-2014, 02:35 PM
If our World standing in Education has deteriorated over the last 20 to 30 years, how come we still?
support those who teach our kids.....With more and more and more money?
http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/ei...ng-schools

And yet Federal Funding has increased proportionately to the low achievements of our kids.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports...chievement

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Actually, the proportion of state funding devoted to education has been decreasing since the mid-1960s, and teacher salaries have been decreasing relative to the salaries of other professions since then as well.

Ads

03-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Nothing is wrong with education in America. It is one of the world's best. I have bachelor of science in mathematics. The students who fail or can't succeed are likely the same ones who spend most of their day on yahoo answers, facebook, twitter, myspace and cell phone chatting and texting. I do not believe student failure is due to poor education system. If I can do it despite having ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome and IBS, then why can't everyone? The problem we have is that there are no jobs. The education is there, and its available to each and everyone who desires it. Only the jobs aren't available to each and everyone who wants to work.

If internet is limited to educational and research use only and cell phone is limited to 1000 text messages a month and 300 minutes a month only, then our education standing in the world will rise dramatically. Let's start by dismantling yahoo answers first.

Did the link say "Maryland" has poor education? University of Maryland has the 16th best computer science program in the country, 17th best electrical engineering program in the country, 20th best graduate school of mathematics. I myself will be getting Phd. in mathematics from there.

When I was a university student I never used yahoo answers, facebook, myspace or twitter. Neither did I have any cell phone . I purchased my first cell phone after i earned my bachelor degree and the first time I went to facebook, myspace, yahoo answers etc etc was also after my graduation. Had I been using such things while being a student, i can imagine how poor my grades would be.

The only reason I am receiving thumbs down is because I'm believed to be liberal here.

Education funding is totally justified and should be funded even more