This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Sells your Private Information?
10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Facebook Sells your Private Information?
If you have a FaceBook account, then how do you feel about FaceBook selling your private information to other companies for profit?

This isn't a conspiracy theory these are mere facts. You can
read about it in your privacy policy when you sign up. Not to mention the countless articles about it on the internet. FaceBook is not secretive about it either. They have said the same thing in several medias too. It is the price for using their site.

Then there is the thing about the tracking cookie you also get from going to their site.

Microsoft has bought assets in FaceBook for about 240 Million Dollars simply because your private information is priceless when it comes to marketing information. What Moves and Grooves amongst the youth today products wise.

Are you a smart FaceBook user who doesn't disclose ANY private information ranging from your name to your personal conversations and descriptions of yourself?.

Do you already know this/didn't know but doesn't care?
I would love some feedback from some younger and older FaceBook users
yes they also sell your email information. There is alot of controversy regarding this and the spam mail you get as a result. The tracking cookie on their site is also designed for this fashion
Everything you type on your account is up for sale...everything

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

didnt know this, but won't change the fact that i will still use facebook

Ads

I didn't know that. I'm always cautious about my personal info, and haven't put my full name on Facebook, but virtually all my friends on there have. Which info do they sell, not your email address, surely??

Soruce?