This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it pity to unfriend an ex on facebook after he broke up with you? feeling very hurt..need your advice..?
03-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Is it pity to unfriend an ex on facebook after he broke up with you? feeling very hurt..need your advice..?
Our break up was very painful for me because he dumped me after 2 years having a great relationship, giving no specific reason. I'm still feeling very hurt for not knowing what happened and why he turned to be totally different person than i known. We are still friends on facebook, have a lot of mutual friends as well. but having him there seeing him all happy chi chatting, liking, commenting on all our mutual girlfriends hurts me so much.. i dont want to act irrational and show him that im very hurt. but need some advice on how to handle this right now. He has also been chatting and commenting with an a ex-friend of mine recently..a friend who back stabbed me and he knew it all about it..please tell me what do do? i dont want to make myself look immature either.. NEED YOUR HELP..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 05:34 AM

You don't have to unfriend him but you can set it where he doesn't show up on your newsfeed all the time. It'll help not seeing it every time you're on. Staying "friends" with someone who broke your heart is a pipe dream - you can't truly be friends until both of you have moved on and left this relationship in the past. As long as you're hurting and wanting to get back together, you're not and can't be just friends.

Ads

03-11-2014, 05:36 AM

Just unfriend and be done with him. You don't want him spying on you either!
03-11-2014, 05:37 AM

I would un friend him. If you want you can message him and tell him, that you are sure that down the road you may be friends but this is the best thing for now. I would go crazy when I was grieving a relationship to have the ability to peek into their life the way fb allows. Do yourself a favor and don't even worry about what he things of it.
03-11-2014, 05:45 AM

Hey, Paris!
You answered your own question in saying, " He has also been chatting and commenting with an a ex-friend of mine recently..a friend who back stabbed me and he knew it all about it." This man is bad for you. The truly mature thing to do would be to "unfriend" him and get everything about him out of your like. You must undo this pain by taking care of yourself...and quickly.
03-11-2014, 05:48 AM

You can mark him as acquantance and only look at the news from friends except acquaintances. Also you can make your posts in a way that only friends, except acquantances would see them.
03-11-2014, 05:50 AM

The real pity is taking Faceplant so seriously.
03-11-2014, 05:52 AM

You're suppose to unfriend your Ex. They aren't your friend.
03-11-2014, 06:08 AM

Unfriend him. Who cares how it'll make you look to him or anybody else...this is about YOU healing and moving on. Do what it takes. Good luck
03-11-2014, 06:15 AM

defriend him immediately

the following courtesy of Happy-2:

How to move on from your ex:

Remove Old Photos: Make sure there are no photos of you and your ex lying around the house. You could be having a great day and then all of a sudden go into a drawer and find a photo of the two of you hugging in a swimming pool. While you may not have gotten sunburned at the pool, you might have gotten burned by your ex and you don't need to be reminded of it. Pack up all of the photos and put them in a box far away from any place you could stumble upon it. Save cell phone pictures to a folder in a location you never or rarely go to.

Go New Places: Going to the same restaurants, cafés and coffee shops that you went to with your ex should be off your radar. It's best to find new places with new faces. Don't go into places where they know you as a couple when you want the world to now know you as a single person.

Remove Cell Phone Reminders: Delete any old voicemail messages or texts from your ex. That birthday text message your former partner sent you last year might have been cute then, but if you stumble upon it now it loses its luster. Clear out your inbox and make room for all the new messages and possibilities.

Select New Music: Don't listen to songs that remind you of your ex. There's nothing like making an effort to put your ex out of your mind and then the song that played when you started dating starts up on your iPod. Clear the decks and make a new playlist.

Login to Your New Life: The Internet probably contains many reminders of your ex. Your Facebook may need the biggest clean-up. Head in there and delete any photos with both of you together. Also, the friends that went over to your ex's side of the fence once the split happened should be unfriended immediately.

Think Positive Thoughts: It's not just physical things that can remind you of your ex. Thoughts that we have can change our outlook on life, so think positively. Don't remind yourself of all of the things your ex did that you couldn't stand. Instead, be positive and focus on all of the things you're going to achieve in your new life.

Make Notes of Your Progress: Write down the progress that you're making as a new single person. Get a journal and put down your thoughts as they come to you. List where you've been and where you're headed. This will keep your eye on the prize -- happiness.