This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Facebook and other online based companies going to cause the next stock market crash?
10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Are Facebook and other online based companies going to cause the next stock market crash?
What are your thoughts??

We can all agree that Facebook and other online companies (Google, Zynga, Yahoo, etc) are just passing fads. The problem is that they have made well publisized billion$ with ad sales, which everyone wants to cash in on. Banks, mutual funds, etc etc are getting in on the IPO (I have to admit I want a piece of it too but I'm resisting temptation I know it's stupid)... And they are already heavily invested in the other online companies. SO what happens when FB dries up? Crash? The problem is when these online companies dry up, they dry up QUICK!

Do you think FB and these other online companies are powerful enough to cause an all out crash??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

There is no euphoria in the market. Google makes money hand over fist and will probably continue to do so. The likelihood of their going down is not strong. Facebook is another question.
GM announced today they were pulling their FB ads. FB reaches a customer not all that Internet savvy unlike Google. When people start thinking they cannot lose in the market, that it win you have a crash. You saw it in dot coms, and you saw it in the housing bubble.

Ads

"We can all agree that Facebook and other online companies (Google, Zynga, Yahoo, etc) are just passing fads."

Count me as someone who says that if you agree to that, you are an idiot.

I agree with JoeyV, you have no idea at all what you are even talking about.