This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to be the next Bill Gates/Steve Jobs?
03-11-2014, 03:51 PM
I want to be the next Bill Gates/Steve Jobs?
So right now im in 9th grade and Im taking the following classes: Geography, Physical science, Math, English, Information Technology, Design and Technology, Literature, Biology,and Business Studies.
So I keep getting these great ideas, and everything but i dont know how to execute them. I know that i have a very low chance and all but worth a shot. So does anyone know where I should start. Ive been interested in code lately but i have no idea how to interpret it. So where should I start?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are both very tallented and there is only so much you can learn from books and school, the rest falls to tallent. If you are seriously interested in this stuff it should be the reason that you get up in the morning.

Ads

03-11-2014, 04:06 PM

khan academy has a computer programming course or you can take the class if your school offers it. That's a good way to start. As for now I guess you would want to write them down somewhere and perhaps peruse them sometime in the future. I'm in 10th grade myself so yea same ambitions.
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM

You get rich like them by starting a new company. Though these days the best you can do is get bought out by Microsoft or Apple or the like.

To be a Bill Gates, you need to have a million dollar trust fund from your grandparents, start building computer hardware when in high school, get into Harvard, see an incredible new machine on a magazine cover (In the case of Bill Gates, the 1975 issue of Popular Electronics), drop out of Harvard and fly to New Mexico and offer to develop software for this brand new low cost computer. Go back to Harvard and have your friend simulate the new computer on the Harvard mainframe and develop software before the rest of the market. Then use some of your parents money to get a company going.

Steve Jobs progress involved meeting a guy like the Woz and building low cost but leading edge hardware in your garage in silicon valley. Then selling the first machines at the home built computer club and growing from there.

The conditions for these success stories are not there any more.

That said, the way to becoming really big is to start a company. Like Facebook.