This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If there is a God, then why is there religion?
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
If there is a God, then why is there religion?
Someone asked that question in a twitter (tweet), I have two valid answers, but want to hear short answers from other people.
@Best for business I have no desire to offend anyone either. I acknowledge the existence of God, and have two answers which I think are reasonable and not at all offensive. But I would like to read other answers, and will give mine in about two hours, and will give a best answer in three or four hours
Religion (or, forms of worship) exist because it is all about making choices.
1)The real God of love and wisdom would want for those who choose to love him to reveal themselves by being together, supporting one another in true love, and by recommending God's way to others. This is the clean and undefiled religion.
2)The real God would also be one of power and justice, who would allow those who choose to practice what is bad to reveal themselves by inventing the commandments of men and teaching them as doctrines. This is the religion of those who "publicly declare that they know God, but disown him by their works."
John 13:34, 35, Matthew 15:8, 9, Titus 1:16, James 1:27

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM

because God gave humans free will

Ads

03-11-2014, 05:11 PM

So we are mere humans can understand Him better. God is far too complex in human understanding. Christianity is not a religion. Its a personal relationship with God.
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM

To learn
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM

Religion is relationship with God.

With love in Christ.
03-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Religion exists to sell salvation. Gods have always represented salvation in one form or another..
03-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Corrupted men.
03-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Men can&#x27;t understand God but that has not stopped them from trying. Humans are stubborn that way.
03-11-2014, 06:14 PM

There is only One True Church commissioned by God.... the so-called churches/denominations/sects invented by man have no authority from God for their existence..... all of the man-invented "religions" are from man's ego, pride, and greed

Only those of The True Church commissioned by God will enter Heaven
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Actor Hugh Laurie asked that earlier on Twitter. I had no interest in offending Mr. Laurie on Twitter with the depth of my honest answer because I respect him and his work.

God has a will of His own. If, by that will, humans are created and are made in His image, they should act as they are intended to act by the will of their Creator. The biggest trouble is in determining which God and what is the will of that God. I think it is quite obviously Jesus Christ of the bible, and His will is laid out in the bible for all to see.