This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get Facebook friends OFF my driod 2?
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM
How do I get Facebook friends OFF my driod 2?
I just got this phone yesterday. I sent pictures to my facebook. But now I cant find the PHONE contacts I entered in yesterday because all my facebook 'friends' keep coming up. I cant text anyone because I cant find my contacts except for facebook! I tried going to setting and uninstall but I cant uninstall because it came on the phone (I guess). How do I get these facebook people off my phone? Or categorize them somewhere else so I can see my cell contacts? Its the driod incredible 2. Thankyou.
How do I do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Make surge your google account is set to sync, sounds like your only syncing with your phone and not Google.

Ads

03-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Read more: http://solbuzz.com/how-to-un-sync-contac...oid-2-2966

I have the Incredible....and I have a lot of frustration since moving from a blackberry to the Droid. Here's what I learned. If you want to Un-link your FaceBook contacts from your phone contacts (when you press the phone button, all your FaceBook contacts are in there)
1. How do I get Facebook contacts friends OFF my driod 2?

1. Settings
2. Accounts and Sync
3. Choose FaceBook, and un-sync your contacts.

Now, if you turn your phone off, or the little evil phone elf comes and plays with your phone and that doesn't work then do the following;

1. Settings
2. Accounts and Sync
3. Choose FaceBook, and Remove account.
4. Check your phone contacts to make sure the FaceBook contacts are gone
5. Go back into settings, and re-install and quickly uncheck Sync contacts.

And you can't choose what phone contacts you want all linked up, it's either all or nothing. From what I've read, the Droid is unable to intercept FaceBook, and send seperately, like they can do with a blackberry. I've also learned that when you turn off your phone, you might un-do some stuff (sync'ng, turning off certain apps etc).

I honestly wish a new phone would not be this complicated, and you didn't have to spend so much time trying to educate yourself on how to use a phone, and not waste so much battery....it's stupid that you have to install an app to try and save battery.

2. How do I get Facebook friends OFF my driod 2?

Assuming you're using the Facebook app that came with the Droid, do this:

1) Open up the Facebook app.
2) get to the main page (that has the six options for News feed, Friends, etc.)
3) Tap the menu button.
4) Select "Logout"

But that might not be what you really want. If you want to stay logged in (and sync fb contacts), you should just change some settings. In that case, follow steps 1-3 above and then:
4) select "Settings".
5) Uncheck "Notifications, or update your notification settings (I prefer notifications on messages only.)