This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook and IP address?
03-11-2014, 10:14 PM
facebook and IP address?
i just asked this and received a response...but it won't let me post a question back, so i have to "re-ask"....
i received a message from someone on facebook. and i answered back. i don't know him though. now he says he will get my IP address and find out where i am.
Madman responded and said yes, he will know what town. but i'm in a small town so that scares me.
seriously Madman? how can he get my IP address from a message or from viewing my profile?
please tell me how.
and....if he truly can...what if i de-activate my facebook account for awhile...can he still get my IP address?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 10:16 PM

If he gets you ip address, he could get your location within 30 miles with a 90% accuracy. But without the last name, it would be useless. Almost finding a needle in a haystack.

Ads

03-11-2014, 10:25 PM

As far as I can tell other facebook users can't see your IP. Facebook does store this information, but it doesn't look like they share it. If you click on an ad on Facebook they get your IP and some other profile information.

If there is another way to get the IP address of a facebook user I would like to see someone respond with the method.